Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 8/8/2005 9:57:14 AM EDT
Does anyone know of a company that makes a Molle or belt pouch for the EOTech 551?  I would like to keep the EOTech on my belt when I'm using a scope.

Thanks,
Link Posted: 8/8/2005 10:54:09 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 8/8/2005 11:15:48 AM EDT
[#2]

I'd suggest a standard 30-round mag pouch.  You'd have some extra space to stuff some closed cell foam in it for extra protection.

I went this route switching out an Aimpoint and Leupold Vari-X III until I decided a TA11 would take the place of both.

Good Luck
Link Posted: 8/8/2005 11:25:14 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 8/8/2005 11:37:02 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
I generally think switching optics back and forth constantly is a good way to lose your zero in a hurry....no matter what the various manufacturers say about return to zero repeatability.

Dunno about that.   Last weekend I spent some time playing with that very concept.

I have an EoTech and a Leupold CQT both on LaRue QD mounts.   I zeroed each
and then spent several hundred rounds switching back and forth every 15 shots or so.

After 300 rounds the zero's were still within 1/2 MOA of where I started.  I was surprised and pleased.

I would have no fear now of an occasional switch between optics.  I did 20 or so swaps
in an afternoon with no noticeable change in zero.  The optics now reside on 2
rifles but I would be OK with swapping them around if I had to.

Link Posted: 8/8/2005 11:50:21 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
I generally think switching optics back and forth constantly is a good way to lose your zero in a hurry....no matter what the various manufacturers say about return to zero repeatability.

I generally disagree with you... besides what does that have to do with the question I posed?
Link Posted: 8/8/2005 12:42:01 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 8/8/2005 3:48:10 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 8/9/2005 5:51:28 AM EDT
[#8]
This pouch by Eagle would work fine for your request should you opt to go that route based on the information provided to you. It will take Malice clips as well.

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top