Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 8/8/2005 6:15:08 AM EDT
Hello all…I am looking for some advice concerning Rear A2 sights.  This is my new SBR:

My whole idea behind this rifle was to create a lightweight, totally bare bones weapon.  I already have two 8lb+ “Carbines”.  As such, I have always had flattops and have never really dealt with A2 sights.  

I just received my Form 1 on Friday, and completed final assembly this weekend.  I then ventured out to my local range, to conduct an initial sight in.  During the course of this evolution, I found something that has me concerned, but am not really sure what to do.  As the pictures below illustrate, my rear A2 sight is not aligned with the carry handle.  In addition, there is some play in the sight base.  I can move the sight base from side to side.  The base always seems to spring back o the left most position, resting against the carry handle.  I can’t be sure, but this doesn’t seem right, and in my mind could affect accuracy.  I realize we are talking about a 10.5” barrel using iron sights, and I am not planning on doing any precision shooting with this rifle, but I am concerned about being able to repeat zero each time I pick up this rifle.  

So my questions are these…
Is this normal?
If not, what can I do to correct this problem?
Lastly, should I just contact the manufacturer and ask “Whiskey Tango Foxtrot…Over”?

Any insight or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.  
Regards,  
Matthew (m4_a3)

Link Posted: 8/8/2005 6:24:42 AM EDT
[#1]
some of mine are similar but not as bad.

none of mine has had any problems sighting in, did you sight it in and see if there were any problems?

sweet builf btw!!! i  love sbr's
Link Posted: 8/8/2005 6:55:25 AM EDT
[#2]
I,ve seen several gov issue look like that. Shouldnt be a problem.
Jody
Link Posted: 8/8/2005 7:09:20 AM EDT
[#3]
I'm not sure if I'm the only one that sees this....

Just look at the view from the top, the peep sight looks like it is waaaaaay off. This doesn't look typical to me. Is the front sight post even in your sight picture looking through the rear peep?
Link Posted: 8/8/2005 7:34:44 AM EDT
[#4]
It's normal to have some twist - though your example is rather extream.
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top