Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 8/7/2005 10:17:09 AM EDT
Went to a gun show yesterday. Left with a Rock River Elite CAR4 with a Tac Mount.  Had no plans of using the mount as I put a scope on the rifle. But I was told this mount is perfect for mounting an Aimpoint. Is this true? Can an Aimpont be mounted and the sights still be used? Actualy I think it is a stange set up looks to high to mount a regualr scope on. What do you other users of Tac mounts have mounted on them?
Link Posted: 8/7/2005 2:19:57 PM EDT
[#1]
One of those came on my RRA tactical entry. I use it for the irons, but I just took it off after I got my EOtech. I am not sure about the aimpoint, but I think that there are a couple mounts that will work with the carry handle and co-witness, not sure which ones though.
Link Posted: 8/7/2005 3:55:02 PM EDT
[#2]
the tactical carry handle was designed for the aimpoint since that is the only optic that would properly mount to it and still allow the use of irons

you would have to use the crappy aimpoint mount in-order to still use the irons through co-witnessing.

then theres the spare battery compartment in the side of the handle.

i had one and sold it,  went and bought a real mount for my aimpoint that mounted to the flattop itself.

you could get by using the low aimpoint mount on the tactical carry handle but not something i would expect to stand up to some hard use

just my .02
Link Posted: 8/8/2005 7:55:19 AM EDT
[#3]
Since it was FREE, you could chop it down into an LMT-style BUIS or sell it on the EE and purchase what you really want.  

A friend of mine has one, and while I like the sight, I don't like the mount.  Even with the Aimpoint, the irons are down in the lower 10th of the glass, not just the lower third.
Link Posted: 8/8/2005 11:21:35 AM EDT
[#4]
i called the place that was shipping me my Entry Tact today right before the gun shipped and had them remove the carry handle(since I dont need it with a larue eotech mount)...got myself a $67 dollar credit. Now I can use it for a troy BUIS.
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top