Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 8/7/2005 7:29:17 AM EDT
Would the TriPower from Trijicon be a good red dot scope to use on my LMT? What are the advantages or disadvatages of using this scope with the LaRue mount ? Thanks for any perspective on this scope you share ahead of time.
Link Posted: 8/7/2005 10:11:02 AM EDT
[#1]
There have been so many issues with it that I'm not sure one has ever been in battle. A few people, not many, have been able to try them out. Perhaps someone that own one of the mythical things can chime in.

Link Posted: 8/8/2005 6:15:21 AM EDT
[#2]
Is the 3rd generation of this scope the newest generation?  Cal's Sporting Armory has them in stock.TriPower Link I was thinking about picking it up, but not sure if this is the newest version.  I believe this scope has a lot of potential, if it gets all it's bugs worked out.
Link Posted: 8/8/2005 6:22:27 AM EDT
[#3]
Trijicon's website still shows the TriPower as being under redesign so I would be cautious ordering one before speaking with someone at Trijicon directly.

Cal's does list that there is limited availibility on the site so they may have been able to get a few of the latest version.

I too find this optic intriguing. I would like to use it with my Aimpoint 3X magnifier on my mid-length AR. I hope and pray they get all the kinks worked out because this sight has enormous potentional.
Link Posted: 8/8/2005 6:31:27 AM EDT
[#4]
We have had the new design on backorder for a long time. I would be cautious.

Be well!

[email protected]
Link Posted: 8/8/2005 8:29:38 AM EDT
[#5]
I tried to purchase one for my M249 while I was in the desert with no luck. I then desided after my SAW broke to go with the acog for my m16.
Link Posted: 8/8/2005 5:11:30 PM EDT
[#6]
I had one about a year or so ago.  It had really bad washout issues in any kind of sunlight when aiming at a light colored target.  Even with battery backup, the reticle still wasn't bright enough.  Also, battery life was terrible.  The Chevron reticle kicks ass though.  It was a very good idea, but poorly executed.

Hope this helps,

Wes
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top