Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 8/5/2005 8:31:15 AM EDT
Gonna pick up a EOtech 512 for my RRA flat top carbine.  Anything I need to know about these before I get it tonight....Models to stay away from etc.  Problems QC issues?  

Also, wdoes the front sight get in the way when using the EOtech...I mean in your line of sight?  Can't imagine it does with all the pics I've seen here.

And one last thing.  Planning on getting a Troy Ind rear flip up...Does the eotech have to come off to use the rear sight?

Thanks a million

Joe
Link Posted: 8/5/2005 9:13:39 AM EDT
[#1]
Troy BUIS will co-witness fine w/your 512. If run into problems EOTech CS is excellent.

And no need to remove the EO to use your BUIS.
Link Posted: 8/5/2005 9:25:55 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 8/5/2005 2:19:14 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Make sure you get a recent revision.  I think the latest is F (can someone verify this?).

I use flip-up Troy front and rear sights on my EOThingy-equiped blaster.  No problems at all; the sight does co-witness just fine.

Yep, Rev F is the new one. They are supposed to have most all of the bugs worked out of them now with the F revision.

BTW, good choice on the 512. I love mine.

WIZZO
Link Posted: 8/5/2005 2:33:43 PM EDT
[#4]
So got the gear home and I love it.  Did have the Troy rear sight on backwards like a yoyo...The was wondering about the appetures and the concave goes to which side...Yuckkkk  Just saw that 5 page thread on that.   Do most keep the large opening for looking thru as the default!  I like the smaller one but whatever

Joe
Link Posted: 8/5/2005 2:50:46 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 8/5/2005 2:52:39 PM EDT
[#6]
I just bought mine last month, and it has an inspection date of "JUN 05"

It's a 512 Rev F... look for the little "F" on the roll bar next to the laser warning sticker...

They are awesome! You'll love it!
Link Posted: 8/5/2005 3:12:00 PM EDT
[#7]
yup, these goodies put the final (HA) touch on my M4.  Now all I need (want) is some surefire hadguards...etc etc etc
Link Posted: 8/5/2005 3:25:23 PM EDT
[#8]
Do most people use the allen screw for the mount, or the supplied round weaver stle screw?  And correct me if I'm wrong.  There is only one screw holding it to the gun right?

Joe
Link Posted: 8/5/2005 3:35:21 PM EDT
[#9]
None of the above - use the LaRue mount!

Link Posted: 8/5/2005 3:51:39 PM EDT
[#10]
Hard to tell in the pics...Is that just another rail that fits on top of the flat top upper?
Link Posted: 8/5/2005 3:56:30 PM EDT
[#11]
I see now...I saw it on Larue site.  Just made for this site, plus had QD release.  Very cool.  Yet more to buy.

Question, How does the eotech mount to the larue system?

Joe
Link Posted: 8/5/2005 7:32:35 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
Hard to tell in the pics...Is that just another rail that fits on top of the flat top upper?

Question, How does the eotech mount to the larue system?

Just use the screw - you won't be removing it.
Link Posted: 8/5/2005 11:07:21 PM EDT
[#13]
A few hours ago, my wife put her $350 glasses on my chair.  Guess what happened next.

So much for my EOTech fund.

What it the purpose of that set screw looking thing at the front of the LaRue mount?
Link Posted: 8/6/2005 3:28:57 AM EDT
[#14]
arghhhhhhhhhhh

That hurts!

Joe
Link Posted: 8/6/2005 3:47:04 AM EDT
[#15]
Main EOTech problem is poor tracking or loss of zero.
Link Posted: 8/6/2005 4:27:46 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
A few hours ago, my wife put her $350 glasses on my chair.  Guess what happened next.

So much for my EOTech fund.

What it the purpose of that set screw looking thing at the front of the LaRue mount?

Ouch.

That's a ball detent.    Just gives a bit of retention until you lock the lever down

Main EOTech problem is poor tracking or loss of zero.

Earlier models?   I haven't seen or heard about that with the "F" models
Link Posted: 8/6/2005 4:47:35 AM EDT
[#17]
I don't know which models they were. They belonged to some USMC guys out of SoCal and some NM Guardsmen.  Also, one newer, privately owned one on a Reserve Captains M4 clone.
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top