Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 8/4/2005 12:36:00 PM EDT
Good afternoon everyone!

I'm purchasing my first spotting scope as I am just beginning to shoot. I have heard that I should spend the money and buy a Kowa. I would like to hear a few more opinions, and whether or not I should spend the extra $$$ on a Kowa. If you like a less expensive scope please let me know what it is and why you like it. Thanks for your help!!!

- JM
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 1:05:15 PM EDT
[#1]
Spend the $$$ for a Kowa. I didn't at first, opting for an inexpensive BSA. Huge mistake. Couldn't see the holes at 100yds, much less any further.
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 1:19:16 PM EDT
[#2]
Maybe more scope than you need, but here is a new review of 3:

http://www.6mmbr.com/spotterreview.html
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 1:26:57 PM EDT
[#3]
I love my new Bushnell Spacemaster! Not the cheap one, but the one that is a bit over $300.00. I found the best price at Midway. It has a lifetime guarantee, and is crystal clear. It is the exact one in this review I have posted below...read it and you will be surprised..I have no regrets, and have money left over for ammo!!

http://www.snipercountry.com/inreviews/SpottingScopes.asp
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 2:04:54 PM EDT
[#4]
I have a Bushnell Spa eMaster, but it doesn't hold a candle to Steve's Kowa. There is a HUGE deifference!

Be well!

[email protected]
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 2:06:36 PM EDT
[#5]
When it comes to optics, you do get what you pay for.

Comsider only these brands and you will be OK: Kowa, Nikon, Pentax, Zeiss, Swarovski, and Optolyth.
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 2:18:12 PM EDT
[#6]
What kind of shooting are you doing?? That may help others assist you.

if you walk a Highpower line of fire, you will see ALOT of KOWA's I have had a TSN-1 for many years that has given me excellent service. Can see 7.62 bullet holes out to 200yds on a good day. can speak for the others as I have only owned a KOWA and would recommend it for service rifle and range use, but not as a hard use Hunting scope afield..
Link Posted: 8/5/2005 10:22:37 AM EDT
[#7]
My intentions this year and next are to shoot service rifle matches only. Thank you to everyone for your feedback. It sounds like it's a pretty easy decision after hearing such great things about Kowa. Now I just have to get the  wife to approve the budget! HA! Have a great weekend everyone.
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top