Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 8/4/2005 5:07:23 AM EDT
got a nice offer for a compact acog ta44r-2 which is the 1.5x16 red triangle and want  to hear what you guys have to say about it.

to me i think the 1.5 is a bit shy on the magnification but slightly more than none.

plan on throwing this on my .50 beowulf and would probably shoot out to 100yds max. probably some hog huntin in the future.

read and found that this particular one has

copied from the trijicon website here

ACOG 1.5x16  with M16 Base, Red Triangle Reticle and BAC.

This very compact model provides weapons like the M16/M4 with
excellent fire control capability. Targets are easier and quicker to
acquire through the 1.5x16 models because of the larger field of view
(8.3 degrees) and eye-friendly design.

Magnification: 1.5
              Eye Relief: 2.4"
              Exit Pupil: 10.7mm
              Field of View: 7.4 degrees
              Field of View at 100 yds: 39.0'
              Length: 5.34"
              Weight: 5.31 oz.

this has a generous amount of eye relief which is my main concern due to the recoil of the 'wulf and fov is great.

basically my only question is it worth it cause its only 1.5x?

thanks
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 6:11:34 AM EDT
[#1]
I feel if your spending money for a Optic, get some magnification. I have a 3x.
Otherwise, id say go Aimpoint or E-otech.
Any way you can try out that optic first?
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 6:15:36 AM EDT
[#2]
I would not run an ACOG or Compact ACOG on a Beowulf, 458 SOCOM or 499 LW.

That is me.

2.4" is not generous when talking about the big bores.  

Link Posted: 8/4/2005 4:10:53 PM EDT
[#3]
I use  my 1.5 x 16 to shoot mostly at 100 yds. I can always put them into around an inch easly using the tip of the triangle to aim. I'm not just saying this to get you to buy mine either. LOL!!!! For 100yds the 1.5 power is fine and the target appears at 66 yds and not 100. It is just as easy as using an Aimpoint to me.

USNCORPSMAN
Link Posted: 8/5/2005 3:41:41 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

well i have a ta31 and ta31f already and think that they are nice but want something a bit faster but at the same time a bit more magnification.

i have an aimpoint and like it very much but now want something with the happy medium.
Link Posted: 8/5/2005 3:42:41 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
I would not run an ACOG or Compact ACOG on a Beowulf, 458 SOCOM or 499 LW.

That is me.

2.4" is not generous when talking about the big bores.  

what i was thinking too but if it dont work out theres a colt 6450 that i have been eyeing and it would make a great excuse to go ahead a pick it up.
Link Posted: 8/5/2005 3:43:13 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
I use  my 1.5 x 16 to shoot mostly at 100 yds. I can always put them into around an inch easly using the tip of the triangle to aim. I'm not just saying this to get you to buy mine either. LOL!!!! For 100yds the 1.5 power is fine and the target appears at 66 yds and not 100. It is just as easy as using an Aimpoint to me.

USNCORPSMAN

what i was thinking
Link Posted: 8/5/2005 3:52:48 AM EDT
[#7]
Just get an Aimpoint or Eotech.
Link Posted: 8/5/2005 4:25:09 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Just get an Aimpoint or Eotech.

i have a few aimpoints on my other rifles already and dont care much for the eotech.

was just asking if i should get the c.acog and not which optic to get.
Link Posted: 8/5/2005 6:43:03 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

well i have a ta31 and ta31f already and think that they are nice but want something a bit faster but at the same time a bit more magnification.

i have an aimpoint and like it very much but now want something with the happy medium.

You already have aimpoints, and 2 Acogs. Obviously money isnt a problem here. Just buy the thing, and sell it on the EE if you dont like it.
Link Posted: 8/5/2005 7:10:08 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

You already have aimpoints, and 2 Acogs. Obviously money isnt a problem here. Just buy the thing, and sell it on the EE if you dont like it.

not so much as a problem but not as blessed as others.

i just dont want to waste the time and hassle of it if its not worth getting but i think i have decided to get it.
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top