Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 8/1/2005 4:56:07 PM EDT
There are too many great sight systems out there!!!  Unfortunately I have no way to observe any of these in person!  Ive been to a few local gun shows and my search came up empty!  I am wanting a CQB site for close distances no farther than 100yds and a medium site for up to 600yds.  

There are so many recticle options in both of the systems!  I will not be using night vision! Unless I win the lottery!  I want to be able to switch in a matter of seconds!

I like the idea of the Trijicon Relex with no batterys, but the eotechs and aimpoint seem nice as well.  I want easy to use and quick shots! Which recticle?

The long range stuff...The ACOG NSN versus others?  On the ACOG 4X i want a precise recticle, but efficent and easy to see.  What exactly is the USMC BAC ROC?

SUMMARY...NEED TWO SYSTEMS ONE CLOSE RANGE ONE LONG RANGE.  

Thanks
Lucki
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 7:31:08 PM EDT
[#1]
I vote EOTech for up close.

I don't have a conventional scope on an AR, so I can't help you there.

WIZZO
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 7:53:05 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 3:31:35 AM EDT
[#3]
acog ta31f/ta31a for close up and mid range. i have a ta31f on my reece/recon build and its been great out to 200yds holding tight groups. for some its great out to further ranges but my eyes arent all that great.

nightforce nxs for long range. i have and love the npr2 reticle! plan on getting another for one of my builds

mike@csgunworks will take care of you!
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 4:50:47 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
There are too many great sight systems out there!!!  Unfortunately I have no way to observe any of these in person!  Ive been to a few local gun shows and my search came up empty!  I am wanting a CQB site for close distances no farther than 100yds and a medium site for up to 600yds.  

There are so many recticle options in both of the systems!  I will not be using night vision! Unless I win the lottery!  I want to be able to switch in a matter of seconds!

I like the idea of the Trijicon Relex with no batterys, but the eotechs and aimpoint seem nice as well.  I want easy to use and quick shots! Which recticle?

The long range stuff...The ACOG NSN versus others?  On the ACOG 4X i want a precise recticle, but efficent and easy to see.  What exactly is the USMC BAC ROC?

SUMMARY...NEED TWO SYSTEMS ONE CLOSE RANGE ONE LONG RANGE.  

Thanks
Lucki

S&B short dot 1-4X and Larue mount does both but costs as much as two seperate dedicated 1X and 4X optics and mounts.  Also consider the Aimpoint with 3X add on.
Link Posted: 8/3/2005 6:39:38 AM EDT
[#5]
Sounds like you might want to consider an Accupoint.  

I don't have mine yet (it's on the way, hopefully), but that's pretty much the same thing I'm looking for.  

1.25 for close up, and up to 4x for longer shots.  Tritium powered triangle on a post...nothing to clutter up the sight picture...good for dawn/dusk as well as bright sun.  

At less than $600, it's an alternative to some of the other stuff out there.  

Link Posted: 8/3/2005 6:53:04 AM EDT
[#6]
I have had good results with my Leupold MK 4 CQ/T
Link Posted: 8/3/2005 8:52:44 AM EDT
[#7]
CQT is a great both for performing both.
Link Posted: 8/3/2005 8:58:17 AM EDT
[#8]
I have two rifles, one for short-medium and one for medium-long.

The first one has an EOTech that does just great, even out to 300 yards.  The second one has a Trijicon TA01 and has performed quite well out to 500 yards ( the max distance at my local range).

Thanks to ARFCOM and the EE, I have about $760 in both optics combined.
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top