Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 8/1/2005 7:43:26 AM EDT
Which of these compact ACOG's would you prefer? The weapon it will be mounted on is a Colt 16" lightweight A2 style carbine. Since it's got A2 sights on it, I'll be doing a carry handle mount. It's main use will be 0-300 yds, though 0-100 will likely be far more common.

I honestly prefer the compact ACOG's (other than Tatjana I'm probably the only person here who does), but I am torn between the 3 models listed. Should I go with the:

TA44-5 1.5X16 red dot?

TA44R-4 1.5X16 red crosshair?

TA50-4 3X24 amber crosshair?

The red dot would likely be best at CQB distances, but I like the crosshair models as well and feel they'd be the best bet out past 100 yds. Overall, I am leaning toward the crosshair models as I feel they would be most versatile across the widest range of applications. But which one....the lower powered red version or 3 power amber? I like the idea of low power for up close work because of the increased field of view. But the 3x would obviously be a plus out at 300 yds. So which would you go with?  

Or would you just skip them all and go straight to the TA50-2 with amber triangle?
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 8:59:30 AM EDT
[#1]
i want a triangle in 2x
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 11:09:23 AM EDT
[#2]
My favorite so far is the TA50-2.

I did not care for the crosshairs, IMHO the triangle provides a finer aiming point for 'precision' and a easier to see aiming point for BAC type shooting.  

I have not tried the 'dot' versions, but I'd imagine if you like Aimponts it would be an easy transition.

Link Posted: 8/1/2005 5:22:49 PM EDT
[#3]
I absolutely love my TA44R-4. It is excellent for all around work!

[email protected]
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 5:58:07 PM EDT
[#4]
2x Triangle is the best, and I have owned all versions of the compact acog.
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 6:56:12 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 7:27:28 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
I like the 1.5x

csgw.photosite.com/~photos/tn/504_348.ts1113620474000.jpg

www.csgunworks.com
[email protected]
Here’s some testimonials about CS GunWorks for AR15 Board
What do YOU have to say about CS GunWorks

+1   have it on my Colt and works great
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 6:27:23 PM EDT
[#7]
I like the TA50-4. I drilled a mounting hole closer to the rear sight for improved cheek weld and a more natural feeling eye relief. I use iron out to 200 and just lift my head a bit and use the scope. Works great. Personally I like the amber better than the red. IMHO I would rather have an Aimpoint than a 1.5X.
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 5:16:40 AM EDT
[#8]
I have the TA50-4, and love it. I can also give the rifle to ANYBODY, and they know how to use a crosshair.
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top