Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 8/1/2005 5:11:02 AM EDT
I recently bought an ACOG TA01-NSN for my Rock River M4. It has the standard front sight post & a flattop upper. I want a buis behind the ACOG that will line up with front sight & not hinder eye relief on scope. Which models work in this situation?

Thanks you,
HS
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 5:20:37 AM EDT
[#1]
You can't use a magnified optic and iron sights at the same time.  You need a rear that will tuck under your ACOG.  To use your irons, the ACOG will need to be removed.
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 5:24:59 AM EDT
[#2]
Yes, that is what I meant. If I need to pop off the ACOG, then what would be ready to go & line up correctly? I'm guessing all the flip up rear sights allow enough space to have ACOG mounted in front of them?

Thx
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 6:14:20 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
I recently boguht an ACOG TA01NSN for my Rock River M4. It has the standard front sight post & a flattop upper. I want a buis behind the ACOG that will line up with front sight & not hinder eye relief on scope. Which models work in this situation?

Thanks you,
HS

ARMS 40L ought to work. It mounts low enough that it should tuck under the eyepiece.

Check out the big bad BUIS faq for some photos.
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 7:39:01 AM EDT
[#4]
There are a few I'd recommend before ARMS.

[email protected]
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 7:43:28 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
There are a few I'd recommend before ARMS.

[email protected]

Well, since the thread author's asking that very question, and you seem to be in the position of one who ought to know what'd work, why not offer up some suggestions? Everyone wants to rain on a parade and not pass out umbrellas.
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 7:44:18 AM EDT
[#6]
LMT rear does not fit under my TA-31.  
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 8:09:27 AM EDT
[#7]
Both the ARMS #40 and #40L fit under mine (just barely)

I love my ARMS #38, because you can get the ACOG up and over the front sight, yet have a standard BUIS.
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 8:41:07 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

I love my ARMS #38, because you can get the ACOG up and over the front sight, yet have a standard BUIS.

That is another option I was considering. For $40 more & the buis already there.  I wasn't sure what other advantages the #38 offered until your post. I have a long face & raising the ACOG eyepiece a tad more might make it even more comfortable. Thanks for the idea. Anyone have a pic of a #38 with ACOG mounted. I'm interested in standard A4 length #38 mount.

Thanks all,
HS
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 8:42:55 AM EDT
[#9]
Troy
ARMS 40 (not A2 version)
ARMS 40L
GGG A2
GGG MAD
KAC 300m
KAC 600m
etc all fit....

Only the largest flip rears wont fit or non flip rears.
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 8:58:23 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

That is another option I was considering. For $40 more & the buis already there.  I wasn't sure what other advantages the #38 offered until your post. I have a long face & raising the ACOG eyepiece a tad more might make it even more comfortable. Thanks for the idea. Anyone have a pic of a #38 with ACOG mounted. I'm interested in standard A4 length #38 mount.

Thanks all,
HS

when i had my acog on top of the s.i.r. rail it was way too high for my liking.

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top