Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 7/31/2005 7:38:01 AM EDT
Just purchased a TA31F and mounted it on my Bushmaster M4 (14.5" barrel version) and went to the range with M193 ammo. I was using the tip of the chevron for an aiming point. It was about 14" high at 50yds but groupings were tight I adjusted it many many clicks down and am now dead on at 50 later I may adjust this for 100yds but for now I am leaving it where it is. My question is why was it soooo high at 50 yds? Aren't they supposed top be zeroed at 100 from the factory which means it would be about 1" off at 50. Somebody lend me their personnal experience with this setup. Thanks
Link Posted: 7/31/2005 9:02:27 AM EDT
[#1]
From Trijicon's website, it does say they zero them for 100 meters (in the FAQ.)  But there are many variables that could affect your zero.  Mount, ammunition, barrel length, etc.  If you don't have yours setup exactly the same way as Trijicon, it won't be close.  Off by 14" at 50 yards seems rather excessive though.  Are you sure your mount is installed properly?  It could be angled up or down by  mistake.  Just a thought....
Link Posted: 7/31/2005 10:44:59 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
From Trijicon's website, it does say they zero them for 100 meters (in the FAQ.)  But there are many variables that could affect your zero.  Mount, ammunition, barrel length, etc.  If you don't have yours setup exactly the same way as Trijicon, it won't be close.  Off by 14" at 50 yards seems rather excessive though.  Are you sure your mount is installed properly?  It could be angled up or down by  mistake.  Just a thought....

+1

also as long as it holds zero and repeats zero then i wouldnt worry too much

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top