Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 7/29/2005 5:59:22 AM EDT
After seeing a guy here with a Simmons Pro-Diamond Shotgun scope on his rifle, I decided to go that route as I want to lose the Eotech and get something that will give me some magnification.

Anyway, my problem is this, I have an ARMS #40L BUIS and I want to get the right height Warne rings so that the thick end of the Simmons scope will clear my BUIS. I spoke to a guy at Warne and he told me to get the Ultra High Rings, but this sounds like it would put the scope too high?
I don't think he fully understood my question, or application

Any help on this would be greatly appreciated.

Which rings would work out?
Link Posted: 7/29/2005 6:45:56 AM EDT
[#1]
The Ultra High rings are the proper height for mounting directly on the flat top.  They are made exactly for that purpose.  I am not sure if they will clear your #40.

The eye relief will be pretty short.
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 10:45:13 AM EDT
[#2]
My experience has been that the non tactical type mounts are lower than their tactical counterparts...in other words, their ultra high is only a little above ARMS medium.  IIRC, I have a set of Warne Ultra Highs (they could just be high), and I would not personally consider them ultra high by other standards, no where NEAR as high as a set of ARMS 22 highs.

Unfortunately, I have 3 sets of QD style rings from different manufacturers, and at this point, there is no way in hell to tell you which is which.  If you need me too, I can measure how high my 40L sits above the rail, so you know how much you have to clear with the rings.    

What I can tell you is that in order to mount a scope over the 40L, I have to use the 22 high rings, or add 1/2" spacers to the rail to use the 22 mediums and rings of similar height.  

After seeing a pic of the Ultra High QDs a minute ago, it looks like they will clear the 40L with room to spare.  

If you still need me too, I can do some measuring when I get home.  

EDIT:  I'm actually looking at a set of these rings in the EE...they guy sent me a pic, and they are certainly high enough to use with a 40L.  As for being too high, I think their just this side of that...but I'm thinking down the road, if I have to use 'em with a 44mm or 50mm objective scope.  I think, without haveing them side by side to compare, they're about the same height as the ARMS high rings.  
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top