Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 7/22/2005 6:15:31 PM EDT
First post, Hello all. I need a mount for my Bushmaster M4-A2 that will allow me to co-witness. I have a Famous Maker mount that drops off the carry handle, renders my Iron sights usless. I also have one that mounts on top of the carry. It's ok, but then agian no co-host. any suggestions?
Link Posted: 7/23/2005 5:46:06 AM EDT
[#1]
Any Ideas? Please. One of the main reasons I joined this forum was the vast knowledge of the members. As well as the seeming williness to help. hinking.gif
Link Posted: 7/23/2005 6:18:56 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Any Ideas? Please. One of the main reasons I joined this forum was the vast knowledge of the members. As well as the seeming williness to help.

I know 11.5 hours seems like a long time to wait for a response on the internet, but it'll come.  Saturday and Sunday are usually very busy days, so you'll get responses now.

I'll go first

You didn't say what "Famous Maker" mount you had, but the Benny Cooley mount is usually touted as the best EOTech carry handle mount available.  It's adjustable up and down to get the perfect co-witness for your preference.

Link Posted: 7/23/2005 11:35:44 AM EDT
[#3]
I think he means "Famous Maker", the brand.
They make cheap copies of scopes and scope mounts.

The one he refers to is a cheap copy of an ARMS #39.

www.sportsmansguide.com/search/search.asp?r=ad%2Fother&s=SEARCH&a=search&k=famous+maker
....for instance.

Personally, I'd replace that mount, HKFAN1.  Famous Maker is Chinese junk.
Go with the Bennie Cooley like Onslaught said.  It allows you to co-witness an Aimpoint or Eotech wherever you want.
Link Posted: 7/23/2005 11:42:45 AM EDT
[#4]
Stop screwing around and convert to a flattop.

Pick up a LaRue mount, and  Troy Buis.   Live and be happy.

Link Posted: 8/2/2005 7:23:29 PM EDT
[#5]
Thanks to all who replied. I would like to go flat top. Can I use the V-Match stripped upper? Or will I have to buy the barrel and all? What about Foreend mount?
Link Posted: 8/3/2005 4:49:59 AM EDT
[#6]
www.armsmounts.com/catalog.php?action=124&item_id=41

It's like what Onslaught posted, just someones elses design.  You know, the same , but different.  It does say you can co-witness.
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top