Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 7/3/2005 3:35:12 PM EDT
Hello all
I got this used (looks new) Matech BUIS and it didnt come with any instructions so i have a couple of questions.
#1  What is the line under the 300 Meter mark for ?
#2 Is it made for a std. FSB or F-marked FSB? I have a std.  FSB and it zeroed in with the front sight not much higher than with a A2 upper on the same barrel. ( Or am i just lucky?)
#3 Any one have a way of copying me a copy of the instruction? I will be willing to pay postage.
Thanks for all the help E3
Link Posted: 7/3/2005 4:02:56 PM EDT
[#1]
I may be able to help as I have one on my issue M4.  If I remember right, the directions did'nt really address zeroing the sight, but installation which is pretty self explainatory.  To zero we put the knob on the line below the 300 meter marking, which I beleive is 250 meters, and zeroed at 25 meters with the standard USGI M4/M16A4 zero target.  The sight should be regulated for the "F" FSB on the M4 and M16A4 but you should'nt have any problem zeroing with a non "F" FSB as you noted.  I may have some directions someplace but you probably dont need them, it was only 1/2 a sheet of text anyway.  Its a robust sight and kept zero thruout my deployment to Iraq, although the little tab that holds the sight apature locked down tended to wear off on quite a few of ours.  We fixed it by putting a rubber band around the sight to hold it down.
Link Posted: 7/4/2005 5:53:04 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
.  Its a robust sight and kept zero thruout my deployment to Iraq, although the little tab that holds the sight apature locked down tended to wear off on quite a few of ours.  We fixed it by putting a rubber band around the sight to hold it down.

I woundered if that would be problem. The tab is so little for the job it has to do. I keep mine lubed and when i put the site up or down i push it away from the tab to put the least amount of presser on the tab.  Thanks for the help also.

red arrow is pointing to the little tab that holds down the site

Link Posted: 7/12/2005 11:53:44 AM EDT
[#3]
email me and i can get instructions to you!
Link Posted: 7/12/2005 5:10:50 PM EDT
[#4]
According to the directions I had, you use the "inbetween line" for the 20" and the 300 meter line for the 14.5", both at 25 yards.
Link Posted: 7/27/2005 7:33:18 PM EDT
[#5]
Help! Help!  Help!

I recently purchased a Matech BUIS and I am quite befuddled!  How in the hell I do get the rear aperture to open (come up) from its locked down position?  I do have the instructions that came with this item, but the instructions is just all text and tells me how to do everything except how to open and close (raise and lower) the rear aperture.  Help!

Thanks

MP5 Machinepistole

PS: I do have the instructions of anyone is interested in a copy.
Link Posted: 7/28/2005 1:49:17 AM EDT
[#6]
Just push it up.  there is a tit that sticks out all you do is push or pull the sight past it. Look at the pictrue i posted above it shows the tit. There is no lock or anything like that.  
Link Posted: 7/28/2005 1:21:00 PM EDT
[#7]
Got It!  I am a part-time technical writer, and this is an excellent example of poor technical writing; how the author of the Matech BUIS Instructions just assumed knowledge on the part of his audience of how to completely use this item.  The written instructions tell you how to: install, zero, and maintain this BUIS, but not the basic functionality of raising and lowering the aperture, so simple and basic that it is easy to overlook.  I had tried several times to push up the aperture, but it was so stiff, at first I was afraid I was going to damage it; know I know positive force is needed.

Thanks for the help.

MP5 Machinenpistole
Link Posted: 7/29/2005 8:19:43 PM EDT
[#8]
Tagged... just in case.
Link Posted: 8/11/2005 10:25:45 PM EDT
[#9]
Just got one.
Anybody can email me the instructions ? thank you very much !!!

Link Posted: 8/12/2005 12:01:27 PM EDT
[#10]
btt
Link Posted: 8/12/2005 1:25:30 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
Just got one.
Anybody can email me the instructions ? thank you very much !!!

EMAIL SENT TO YOU
I HAVE A COPY TO SEND YOU
Link Posted: 8/12/2005 1:33:20 PM EDT
[#12]
I would like instructions from anyone willing to send them.  I have one in the safe right now and would like to know how to use it properly when I mount it.
Link Posted: 8/12/2005 1:40:25 PM EDT
[#13]
EARRNHARDT3 just sent it to me. 4MB picture. I can FW it to you. what's your email ? EARRNHARDT3 is da man !! thanks.
Link Posted: 8/12/2005 1:43:31 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
EARRNHARDT3 just sent it to me. 4MB picture. I can FW it to you. what's your email ? EARRNHARDT3 is da man !! thanks.

I'm getting it from E3.  Thanks for the offer, though.
Link Posted: 8/12/2005 1:53:27 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
I would like instructions from anyone willing to send them.  I have one in the safe right now and would like to know how to use it properly when I mount it.

YOU GOT A COPY E-MAILED TO YOU ALL SO
Link Posted: 8/12/2005 1:55:56 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Quoted:

YOU GOT A COPY E-MAILED TO YOU ALL SO

Got it.  Thanks.  I'll need it soon, I believe.
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top