Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 5/24/2005 10:05:05 PM EDT
Here's the problem:  I have to zero both M16A2s and M4s (with the M68 CCO) on a 10 meter indoor range.  The rifles will be using iron sights, the M4s will not.  What POI do I need for a battlesight zero at this distance?

I realize that this is far from an ideal situation, but... you use the tools available to you!  This is the Air Force, BTW.

Thanks for any insight!

hug.gif
Link Posted: 5/25/2005 2:34:00 AM EDT
[#1]
I'll take a "SWAG" and say for your 33' range, using M855 (62grn) that 1" low of POI should get you close to the IBZ 50 yard zero noted here: groups.msn.com/TheMarylandAR15ShootersSite/zeroingmethods.msnw

But there are other methods at the link that may benefit your situation better, so check them out.

Mike

ps - you could also check this question, Q. What sort of velocity and ballistics should I expect from military ammo?, here : www.ammo-oracle.com, which may be helpful.
Link Posted: 5/25/2005 4:03:21 AM EDT
[#2]
Shoot an email or IM to "Forest"

He loves running calcs for things like this.  
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top