Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 5/23/2005 9:17:14 PM EDT
Help please, I'm interested in the acog scope for my 20" ar15 (UK spec before anyone asks).
Does this scope work with them as the ad says it was designed for the M4 carbine with 16" barrel and 62 grain bullet. It also states the recticle bullet drop compensator and range finding stadia lines are based on the 62 grain bullet from a 16" barrel.Now i'm using 62 grain bullets so no probs there but don't want to make the purchase if it's gonna be wrong. Sorry if this seems like a stupid question.    
Link Posted: 5/23/2005 10:11:29 PM EDT
[#1]
Not a stupid question at all because there are several models that are designed for specific weapons.  Different models are meant for differnent rifle setups.TA31 and TA11, or at least some version of them, are setup for use on 20" flat-top ARs.  Others maybe available as well.
Link Posted: 5/24/2005 4:34:03 AM EDT
[#2]

Any ACOG will work with your rifle...what you will need to do is figure out your own BDC for the lines given on the reticle.  The FAQ thread is a good place to start.  Check this out...

ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=3&f=18&t=229420
Link Posted: 5/24/2005 10:49:57 AM EDT
[#3]
Cheers for the advice!
Link Posted: 5/24/2005 11:12:52 AM EDT
[#4]
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top