Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 5/21/2005 4:30:40 PM EDT
I want to fit this scope on my RRA Varmint A4 flat top.  What Kind of mount if any will I need besides the HI rings?

Burris 4.5-14x42 Fullfield II Rifle Scope    Send this page to a friend  

Specifications
Weight (oz.): 18
LRS Ballistic Plex

Length (in.): 13
Eye Relief (in.): 3.8 - 3.1
Field of View @ 100yds (ft.): 22 - 7.5
Exit Pupil (mm.): 9.1 - 3.1
MOA: 1/4
Lens Coating: Fully Multi-Coated
Warranty: Forever
Adjustable Objective Range (yds): 50 - infinity

Link Posted: 5/21/2005 7:01:57 PM EDT
[#1]
None if you use the high rings.  Warne makes a set of rings in one inch that is "ultra high" for the AR platform.  Thy provide plenty of height and I know both Natchez and Brownells carries them.  Or for a little less money use a RRA one piece scope mount system.  I had one for a while and it was plenty high for my Burris Fulfield II 6.5-20x50.
Link Posted: 5/21/2005 7:18:06 PM EDT
[#2]
Thanks, I think I'll try the RRA mount.
Link Posted: 5/22/2005 8:59:19 AM EDT
[#3]
Even "Extra High" rings are not high enough.  Also, most scopes you will not be able to mount them forward enough for good eye relief.

I like the Armalite scope mount.  The RRA is similar.
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top