Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 5/20/2005 3:54:34 PM EDT
Hey everyone. I'm new to the AR-15 world, sort of I've been using them with the Army for about 9 years. I just purchased a Del-Ton 16" M4 kit with the Stag lower reciever. I'm looking to mount a basic (cheap) scope on it. My primary use will be "hunting" prairie devils and shooting at ranges not much over 300-400m. I'm considering lower end Simmons and Bushnell's maybe even a cheap red dot. Any suggestions?

Oh by the way great site.

Dave
Link Posted: 5/20/2005 4:39:58 PM EDT
[#1]
Aimpoint?
Link Posted: 5/20/2005 4:57:44 PM EDT
[#2]
Aimpoint will not shoot to minute of prarie dog at 200, much less 300 to 400.

Suggestion (gratuitiously):
Earp's sale item LINK

I've got to say, I have two factory refurb. Bushnells and have used them for years.  I also just bought a low power Simmons.  I am selling the BSA because it is now extra and it is just too hot in AZ to put it up in the attic, so I figure I better sell it for beer money.  Look at the retail prices and see that this is a grand deal.
Link Posted: 5/20/2005 5:10:20 PM EDT
[#3]
I'd go with a fixed Leupy 6X42 matte with duplex or fine duplex reticle and a decent set of rings
Rugged -not too expensive-good light transmission-clear optics-great warranty-plenty
of magnification at 400 for your varmints..

my .o2
Link Posted: 5/20/2005 5:22:42 PM EDT
[#4]
wildearp, let me do some research on your scopes like a good geek. I'll get back to you soon. I might take you up on it. Thanks.
Link Posted: 5/20/2005 7:27:43 PM EDT
[#5]
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top