Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 5/18/2005 9:56:38 AM EDT
I am excited about getting an ACOG TA31F with a red chevron for my M4gery.

I heard that the mount that is included is allright, but most people buy a LaRue mount to replace it right away.

Is there any reason why I should do this? Or will the mount that is included be fine?
Link Posted: 5/18/2005 11:42:21 AM EDT
[#1]
If you are going to mount it and leave it there, you'll be alright with the stock mount.

If you plan in taking it on and off, I would go with the LaRue.
Link Posted: 5/18/2005 1:53:06 PM EDT
[#2]
also depends on what BUIS you plan to use,
Link Posted: 5/18/2005 2:16:21 PM EDT
[#3]
I plan on taking it on and off and I havn't decided which BUIS I want.

What makes the stock mount a bad choice if I am going to be removing it a lot?
Link Posted: 5/18/2005 2:38:44 PM EDT
[#4]
It's far easier to use a throw lever mount than the twin thumb screw TA51 mount it comes with.  It sits a bit lower than the ARMS 19S, I don't own a LaRue ACOG mount so can't comment on it.  I have 3 ACOGs, all of them have the ARMS 19S mount
Link Posted: 5/18/2005 2:51:31 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
I plan on taking it on and off and I havn't decided which BUIS I want.

What makes the stock mount a bad choice if I am going to be removing it a lot?

Speed, as mentioned above, is one thing.  Having it return to zero everytime you reinstall it is another.  You have a better chance of it returning to zero with a throw lever type mount.
Link Posted: 5/18/2005 3:30:18 PM EDT
[#6]
Does the Larue mount place the ACOG (slightly) farther back than the TA51?  In pics I've seen, it looks one slot closer to the LT rear sight than my TA01/TA51 will get to my KAC 200-600.
Link Posted: 5/19/2005 2:27:48 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Does the Larue mount place the ACOG (slightly) farther back than the TA51?  In pics I've seen, it looks one slot closer to the LT rear sight than my TA01/TA51 will get to my KAC 200-600.

it sits in the mount the same.

i could be wrong, i cant find my ta51 right now.
Link Posted: 5/19/2005 2:58:00 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

It sits about the same, but who would run a fixed Larue BUIS behind their ACOG anyway?
Link Posted: 5/19/2005 3:46:47 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

It sits about the same, but who would tun a fixed Larue BUIS behind their ACOG anyway?

how would that be possible and still function? wouldnt the peep sight get in the way?

Link Posted: 5/19/2005 4:56:16 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

It sits about the same, but who would tun a fixed Larue BUIS behind their ACOG anyway?

how would that be possible and still function? wouldnt the peep sight get in the way?

Doesn't sound right.  The eye relief on the ACOG might not allow that, anyway.  I know on my NSN, you could never do that.
Link Posted: 5/19/2005 9:10:14 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

It sits about the same, but who would run a fixed Larue BUIS behind their ACOG anyway?

Of course it would, hence my question .

Link Posted: 5/19/2005 10:28:33 AM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 5/19/2005 4:12:12 PM EDT
[#13]

Sorry guys... it was a TROY rear sight with the Larue ACOG mount.  
Link Posted: 5/19/2005 4:21:31 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Sorry guys... it was a TROY rear sight with the Larue ACOG mount.  

yes the troy will fit under the rear of the acog
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top