Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 5/18/2005 4:49:01 AM EDT
Ok.  So I couldn't find enough info doing my search.

Does anyone have any experience with this system?  Is it better to go with a LaRue with a seperate BUIS?
Link Posted: 5/18/2005 5:35:58 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 5/18/2005 5:49:14 AM EDT
[#2]
I've used both of them here in Iraq on my Bushmaster shorty (11.5"). I prefer the Dominator for PSD work as the BUIS is permenantly deployed. Also, the Dominator is less expensive than a LaRue + ARMS #40.

I also had trouble getting an iron sight zero with the ARMS #40 as I had to max out the right windage. This wasn't the case when I got an iron sight zero with the Dominator.

I think they're both great products and plan on using the LaRue on my 14.5" heavy barrel carbine back home.

YMMV
Link Posted: 5/18/2005 5:53:54 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 5/18/2005 6:04:48 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
IM Ghost-1 he has a Dominator mount.  I perfer the LaRue but have not used the Dominator so I'm biased.

Had.  I bought it a couple days ago.  It should be in my hands soon.

BTW, I intend on using a LaRue mount I have, but I bought the Dominator in the package deal to see what it's like.
Link Posted: 5/18/2005 6:18:12 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 5/18/2005 6:27:02 AM EDT
[#6]
I appreciate the reply's  Thank you all very much..   And thank you Stony for your service in Iraq.  Be carefull !
Link Posted: 5/18/2005 6:41:22 AM EDT
[#7]
Well..   I ordered one.   I will post pics of my Bushie M4A3  with all the goodies I got for it thanks to all you guys at ar15.com      
Link Posted: 5/18/2005 6:47:46 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
My problem with the RRA Dominator, is that I cannot use a NV device or a magnifier with my EOTech. I also can't take it off and return it for repeat zero. I also don't like elevation on my BUIS (one more thing to break) as they are BUIS and NOT my primary sighting system.

www.gandrtactical.com/images/archive/Grant's%20weapons/Grant's%20weapon4.JPG

C4

Actually that's one of the reasons why I'll use the LaRue for my rig at home. I have a 6015 for it.
Link Posted: 5/19/2005 8:05:07 PM EDT
[#9]
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top