Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 3/17/2005 8:48:56 AM EDT
I have a cut down m16 barrel (1/12 twist) that has been cut down.  I would like to install the standard FSB but the diameter of the barrel is about 0.630".

It is not going to be a primary use site but I would like to use it as a backup.
Is my only option to make 2 sleeves to fit into the FSB and make 0.750" (to fit the FSB)?

Anyone have any ideas?
Link Posted: 3/17/2005 8:56:40 AM EDT
[#1]
Call Bushmaster and check on the specs for their FSB used on this rifle, maybe they have one that fits your barrel.....

www.bushmaster.com/shopping/weapons/pcwa2x16sl.asp

Read the specs there, seems dia is .625 under the FSB on this rifle......

Mike
Link Posted: 3/17/2005 9:07:27 AM EDT
[#2]
Buy a shot-out M16A1 barrel from (gasp!) SARCO.  The barrel will come with the .625" dia. FSB and the taper pin holes will more than likely line up.  Last I checked, Bushmaster was not selling their .625 FSB separately.  Even if they did, they would probably be undrilled which would be a major PITA to install unless you are handy with a Bridgeport.

SARCO

Part# ARO17

You may also try BILLBO in the EE.
Link Posted: 3/17/2005 10:11:10 AM EDT
[#3]
05-0026 - $184.00

PRI Flip Up Front Sight with .625" Bore for the M16 Family of Rifles, Clamp Screws

PRI Flip Up Front Sight w/ .625"" Bore, Clamp Screw Design FUFS-B, Fits Barrels .625"" dia. M16, M4, and

AR15, Eliminates the shadow cast on optical sights mounted on the M16 Flattop receiver, Lightweight

aluminum top post, Low reflection, matte black corrosion resistant coatings, The sight post locks in the up and

the down position, Solid 4140 cast steel base with provision for the gas tube an integral part of the unit,

Accepts any standard retrofit M16 front sight post."

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top