Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 3/16/2005 5:22:23 AM EDT
Its the TA01NSN with the reticle lit in red instead of yellow.

Is this model still available?  Where can I get this model?   Any info on this would be helpful, like when and why it was made and who requested it?

Also, what advantage does the red reticle have over the yellow one on a TA01NSN?

Thanks

Frontsight
Link Posted: 3/16/2005 5:25:00 AM EDT
[#1]
asked the people at swfa, riflescopes.com

they are the only place i ever saw them offered. i have never actually seen one though
Link Posted: 3/16/2005 7:08:08 PM EDT
[#2]
SWFA was the only one I know that had it, so I suppose they special ordered a run of them.   Many like the "Special Forces" look of the NSN, although in reality the backup sights are pretty crappy.   Maybe this was due to customer requests, or just the simple knowledge that the FLR seems to work better for most and that it would be a good idea from a business standpoint.   If I had to buy another one, I'd rather get a red full line version over the yellow center-only one.  

Its more than just a color change-  The TA01-NSN only lights up in the middle of the reticle; The TA01' s whole reticle lights up (or is supposed to-  I saw one last week new in box and only the horizontal line was illuminating ).   If you look real close, you'll also see that the reticles are slightly different for farther rangefinding with the TA01.  
www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=3&f=18&t=228848
TA01:

TA01-NSN:

Link Posted: 3/17/2005 1:39:14 AM EDT
[#3]
Thanks for your input, really appreciate it.

Frontsight
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top