Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 3/16/2005 3:53:05 AM EDT
Hello,

Is anyone using a handgun/extended eye relief/scout scope on their AR??? Obviously this requires some sort of rail system...I have a SIR #45M on my AR and I was thinking -as an alternative- possibly getting a scout scope instead of traditional rifle scope. If you're using a scout scope please post a pic and tell me how it works!!!!

Thanks.
Link Posted: 3/16/2005 5:47:51 AM EDT
[#1]
They work quite well, but the added weight out front makes shooting offhand more difficult.

If all things are considered, you would be just as well off, probably better, by choosing a conventional scope of low power, such as the Leupold 2x7-33.  And I offer that advice as a big fan of the Scout scope system.  Just not on my Arf.

Picture of my A2/SPR(Scout Practical Rifle) from last summer.  I was on heavy pain meds at the time is really the only defense I have for making it...although it DID shoot a 0.75 wide x 1.75 tall five shot group at 200 yards!  As mentioned above, for the same weight, you can run the 2x7 instead of the Scout 2.5X(Leupold) or 2.75X(Burris), and the rearward mounted scope will balance/handle MUCH better.

Paladin

ETA:  the weight of the 2.5X Leupold(upper) and pair of rings is only about 12.75 ounces added to the fairly heavy 7.62 Scout.  the RRA scope mount shown(lower) weighs 10.75 ounces WITHOUT the scope, add in the scope and an HBAR and the weight distribution really SUX compared to the 7.62 Scout.
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top