Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 3/15/2005 5:07:32 PM EDT

I'm looking to puchase a tacpoint, but I see there is a 2 ring and a single ring mounting option. I'll be purchasing it for my bushmaster AR with an A3 upper, are the actual scopes the same?...which is the more preferred for an AR?....what type of mount is best for this?

thank you
Link Posted: 3/15/2005 5:30:41 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 3/15/2005 8:09:46 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

I'm looking to puchase a tacpoint, but I see there is a 2 ring and a single ring mounting option. I'll be purchasing it for my bushmaster AR with an A3 upper, are the actual scopes the same?...which is the more preferred for an AR?....what type of mount is best for this?

thank you

If you read the FAQ at the top of this forum, you will see that in my opinion there is no reason to consider the Tac2 on an AR.  
Link Posted: 3/16/2005 8:15:17 AM EDT
[#3]
Mounting a Tacpoint directly on the flattop will result in the FSB obscuring most of your field of view. Get a 1/2 riser mount if you're cheap, or one of the mounts Boom suggested if you want to spend extra money.
Link Posted: 3/16/2005 11:16:00 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Mounting a Tacpoint directly on the flattop will result in the FSB obscuring most of your field of view. Get a 1/2 riser mount if you're cheap, or one of the mounts Boom suggested if you want to spend extra money.

+1 on this!   I bought a tacpoint 1 ring model and just added a 1/2 inch riser under it with its provided mount.  Works fine.  I couldnt see spending big bucks on a mount for a 85 dollar scope.  The 1/2 riser was like 10 bucks.   Works fine!
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top