Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 3/14/2005 11:32:28 PM EDT
It was working yesterday, today it isn't. It hasn't even left the house. I tried several sets of new batteries, no fix. It isn't accidentally in NV mode, I'm sure of that. It just stopped working. It's only a month old. No signs of damage, it's mint.

Anyone else had an EOTech 552 just stop working?
Link Posted: 3/15/2005 5:42:21 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 3/16/2005 8:16:43 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Call EOtech.

+1. They'll take care of you.
Link Posted: 3/16/2005 9:45:21 AM EDT
[#3]
I'll call them asap. Thanks.
Link Posted: 3/16/2005 9:52:00 AM EDT
[#4]
Remove the battery carrier and reinstall it. I had this issue with one the day after i got it. Somehow the battery holder was not all the way installed and it wasnt getting a good conection. There is a seal about 1/8' thick that the cover slides over as you actuate the lever and the battery holder was getting hung up on it. Havent had the issue since.
Link Posted: 3/16/2005 10:02:23 AM EDT
[#5]
I had a similar problem with my older 551 about a month ago. Went thru the same drill as you. Finally emailed EOTech and they offered some ideas. When none of that worked, they said send it in.
Got a new 551 back from them in a bit under 2 weeks! Awesome service! They will make it right one way or another!
Oilfieldtrash
Link Posted: 3/17/2005 12:15:02 PM EDT
[#6]
Turns out that I just had a whole batch of brand new batteries that were dead from the store. Before I called EOTech, I wanted to be sure it wasn't something as dumb as that, so I picked up a 2 pack from the corner store and sure enough, it lit up.

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top