Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 3/14/2005 1:51:13 PM EDT
OK OK I know. Its your money. I see flamers jumping all over this. However I have to ask.

Look I see people useing "HK" knock off LMT Crane stocks. I even see some Scope mounts being sold here in the states and not marketed as "Hong Kong" stuff. So obviously that stuff fits and works. Whats the down side to useing it at the range?

So I ordered one of these to try it out. "King Arms Throw Lever Ring Set with Forward Extension Spacer" second one down. www.redwolfairsoft.com/redwolf/airsoft/category?menu1=8&menu2=113 I will find out when it gets here. However in the mean time Id like to know how they have worked or not worked for you. I know others have done this as well. So come on, admit you have done it. Well I am hopeing. Others will tell their findings of the use of airsoft gear on "real steal"

If you have tried this tell us your story.
Link Posted: 3/14/2005 1:56:15 PM EDT
[#1]
There is nothing wrong with using them for fun (plinking, range use, etc.).  But some people will jump all over anything that is even remotely associated with Airsoft or that isn't used by the military.
Link Posted: 3/14/2005 2:04:32 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 3/14/2005 2:44:07 PM EDT
[#3]
IBTL
Link Posted: 3/14/2005 2:45:45 PM EDT
[#4]
This is like trying to get someone to admit they F*ck fat chicks.  

They ain't gonna wait to get anything better so they'll have fun with it while they can, but  they aren't going to tell their friends about it- let alone you!

Link Posted: 3/14/2005 3:02:01 PM EDT
[#5]
Paging C4iGrant...paging C4iGrant. Please respond.

Some folks have a problem because all this stuff is made overseas whereas a lot of the real gear is made int the States. It's about investing in your country as opposed to someone elses. There's already enough products that are made overseas that we have to buy (no American versions offered). Simply put, it comes down to patriotism from some of us. Not to mention the real vendors that lose the sales to oversease companys that violate patents when they offer clones for sale. When you buy a clone, your wallet wins and everyone else loses. When you buy the real thing, your wallet loses but everyone else (including you) wins. Let you conscience be your guide as to whose coffers you fill.

There used to be a saying, "Buy American", which many of us have forgotten. I'm not saying you should just buy American if it's an inferior product but if it's just as good, than you should.

The other thing is some of us would rather spend the extra money on something that we know is battle-proven whether our lives depend on it on a daily basis or not. It's called piece of mind and that's typically costs extra. Call it insurance if you will. Heaven forbid my life should ever depend on my gear but at least if it does, I will find some comfort in knowing that others have used in life-or-death situations and it did not fail them when they needed it the most.
Link Posted: 3/14/2005 3:05:38 PM EDT
[#6]
please limit discussion regarding toys and toy accessories to general discussion-thanks
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top