Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 3/12/2005 6:58:18 AM EDT
Has anyone used a ARMS 40L BUIS with an EoTech on an A4 upper?  Where does the BUIS fall in the EOTech sight picture? I'd like to keep the BUIS in the lower part of the EOtech sight window, similar to what you get with the RRA Dominator setup, but with a flip-up BUIS.
Link Posted: 3/12/2005 7:01:45 AM EDT
[#1]
You might want to raise the Eotech with a Larue mount to get the BUIS in the lower part of the view.   I would think all BUIS are roughly the same height.  Here is mine:

Link Posted: 3/12/2005 7:14:01 AM EDT
[#2]
Mounting directly on a flat top, your irons will sit halfway up in the middle of the Eotech. I also recommend getting a Larue Eotech mount if you want to have the irons in the lower third.  I have sight pictures of the Eotech mounted directly on the flat top and then raised using the Larue. Shoot me an Email I'll send some pictures out to you. The Larue also gives you better zero repeat than direct mounting. I've repeatedly removed/re-installed and it comes back to zero every time.
Link Posted: 3/13/2005 1:39:09 PM EDT
[#3]
So are you still able to co-witness with the Larue mount and your BUIS?

I just bought a ARMS #38 swan sleeve with the #40 sight built in and it will not co-witness with my holosight mounted.
Link Posted: 3/14/2005 6:08:22 AM EDT
[#4]
i currently have my friends EO on my flat top (no riser).  for a BUIS, i have a ARMS #40L,  sight picture is annoyingly dead center of optic.  a riser would fix this, but it's reaaly nice when the optic is off.
Link Posted: 3/14/2005 6:19:08 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
So are you still able to co-witness with the Larue mount and your BUIS?

I just bought a ARMS #38 swan sleeve with the #40 sight built in and it will not co-witness with my holosight mounted.

The Swan sleeve raises the EOTech too high so you will not be able cowitness with this setup.  The LaRue riser is not as tall as the Swan sleeve and places the irons at the lower 1/3 of the sight window.

If you want to cowitness the irons with your EOTech you'll have to change out the ARMS #38 for another BUIS and a LaRue or mount the EOTech directly on the flat top.
Link Posted: 3/14/2005 6:54:06 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

That is your problem right there.  The SWAN sleve raises the EOTech too high.

Sell it (or trade it for an ARMS#40) and mount the EOTech on the flattop.
Link Posted: 3/14/2005 8:11:22 AM EDT
[#7]
Where's the cheapest place to pick up the Larue mount?
Link Posted: 3/14/2005 9:18:55 AM EDT
[#8]
What I figured.  Thanks guys.  I bought it last week from ADCO so I will just sent it back and exchange for a BUIS and some other items I could use.
Link Posted: 3/14/2005 9:55:45 AM EDT
[#9]
+1 for the LaRue mount Grant has 'em at G&R tactical. Its great, QD plus you can have solid sights (I prefer solid ones, don't have to worry about fliping anything) dot is above the sight so they are not in the way, then if you need them drop your head down a bit and they are right there.
Link Posted: 3/14/2005 3:25:55 PM EDT
[#10]
the larue mount, is that a half inch riser?
Link Posted: 3/14/2005 3:56:50 PM EDT
[#11]
no it's less maybe 1/4 inch.
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top