Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 3/12/2005 12:50:59 AM EDT
does anybodyelse's eye feel fuzzy and uncomfortable after using an EO for awhile?
Link Posted: 3/12/2005 12:58:02 AM EDT
[#1]
Nope, do you keep both eyes open or look through it like a scope?
Link Posted: 3/12/2005 1:04:53 AM EDT
[#2]
No
Link Posted: 3/12/2005 1:10:51 AM EDT
[#3]
both eyes open.  right/dominant eye (the one behind the optic) feels like shit, everytime i use it.
Link Posted: 3/12/2005 11:40:28 AM EDT
[#4]
WHAT THE F*CK is going on in here?  the EOTech shouldn't feel ike SH*T unless you are doing something wrong.  

first of all, while keeping both eyes open, focus on the target, not the dot/reticle.  you won't be able to focus on the reticle and get a clean image- it's not clean and sharp for a reason.  it's fuzzy so it will be visible when you are looking past it.  

think of it this way- hold a needle or piece of wire up in front of your eye and focus on it.  then, focus on teh wall across the room- the needle/wire will disappear because it is too thin to be seen without focusing on it directly.  
Link Posted: 3/12/2005 12:03:36 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
WHAT THE F*CK is going on in here?  the EOTech shouldn't feel ike SH*T unless you are doing something wrong.

Yo Joe, relax man.
Link Posted: 3/12/2005 12:50:29 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Yo Joe, relax man.

yeah, no shit, you'd think this guy gave birth to the optic i just suggested a problem with.   the effect is real, i was just wondering if anyonelse was experiencing it.  it's the same feeling i get when i get struck in the eye  with the laser beams on the M26 taser.  it's an after-effect, use the sight for awhile - have a fuzzy feeling eye for the next hour or so.
Link Posted: 3/12/2005 1:30:23 PM EDT
[#7]
Maybe you have the power set too high. Try turning it down.
Link Posted: 3/12/2005 2:01:00 PM EDT
[#8]
other than being a little irritating to my sensitive eyes, this thing is ballz out bad  my partner was cool enough to take it off his weapon and leave it with me so i could do a side by side with the Bushnell trophy multi reticle that i just received in the mail.  if he hadn't, i probably would've been content with my sight.  as it is now, i plan on returning the Trophy and acquiring an EO.  i've never used an Aimpoint, so my curiosity is up, but the thing i love about the EO is it's openess which i assume (by looking at it) the Aimpoint would lack.  there are a couple things i dislike about the EO, but all in all it's great.

one thing i can definately say about the trophy is:  the dot is ALOT cleaner when used to target something at 100+ yards.

as i've said B4, i think the EO is ugly.  not cool ugly like a Glock or a pitbull , dorky ugly like it's way out of place on a weapon - looks more like a part for the computer.  however, it's a trade i'm willing to make for the practicallity of this device.
Link Posted: 3/12/2005 9:20:29 PM EDT
[#9]
Sorry, I'm just pissed off that I sold my 551 on the EE a few days ago...

I'm a little touchy- going through withdrawal and all...

I guess I had to sell 'er- she allowed me to upgrade to a DMM4 from ADCO...
Link Posted: 3/13/2005 6:56:21 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
as i've said B4, i think the EO is ugly.  not cool ugly like a Glock or a pitbull , dorky ugly like it's way out of place on a weapon - looks more like a part for the computer.  however, it's a trade i'm willing to make for the practicallity of this device.

As soon you as can forget how gear looks, you will be able to get great gear. I love my Aimpoint but I thought they looked a little "goofy" at first. Now they have grown on me.
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top