Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 3/9/2005 11:17:41 AM EDT
A dealer rep that I've known for many years informed me that the 550 Eotech's are literally like night vision scopes, in that they illuminate so much, that they mimmick nvd's. I have never used optics like this...never even looked through one.Is it true that Eotechs can see in the dark?  Do they require "any" ambient light,or will they work in total darkness?
Link Posted: 3/9/2005 11:52:14 AM EDT
[#1]
They work in the dark, you have to get some night vision equipment to use them for actual night vision.

This pic is in the dark, of course I couldn't see my target if I needed to without the use of night vision equipment.

Link Posted: 3/9/2005 11:55:02 AM EDT
[#2]
they will work in total darkness, but are far from night vision, they will work with nv gear
Link Posted: 3/9/2005 11:56:53 AM EDT
[#3]
Think of it this way, you are looking through a couple pieces of glass that has an electronic reticle floating there. The only thing you will be able to see in a pitch black room is the reticle, nothing else.

The 55X series are set up so that you can mount a NV monocular on the rail BEHIND the EOtech, look through EOtech and see the reticle (which on NV mode is dim enough so that it doesn't blind you through the NV scope)

Only when you mount a NV device behind the EOtech will you have NV on an EOtech.

WIZZO
Link Posted: 3/9/2005 1:00:58 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
A dealer rep that I've known for many years informed me that the 550 Eotech's are literally like night vision scopes,

No they are not - the dealer is lying though his teeth.

EOTechs, like Aimpoints, do 1 thing - they provide an illuminated parralax free reticule for aiming.

That is it.
Link Posted: 3/9/2005 1:22:58 PM EDT
[#5]
Dude you are getting ripped off.  
I can see into the future with my Eotech.  
Link Posted: 3/9/2005 1:33:21 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Dude you are getting ripped off.  
I can see into the future with my Eotech.  

only the ncstar acog can do that, geez man...
Link Posted: 3/9/2005 3:27:37 PM EDT
[#7]
Thanks for the advice. I have not purchased anything yet...he has not ripped me off.  He's a little chubby puke,with a garrish little round jovial face.I already know I cant trust him...he just likes to pretend he's my buddy...I go along with it.  
Link Posted: 3/9/2005 10:33:08 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 3/12/2005 12:54:23 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
A dealer rep that I've known for many years informed me that the 550 Eotech's are literally like night vision scopes, in that they illuminate so much, that they mimmick nvd's. I have never used optics like this...never even looked through one.Is it true that Eotechs can see in the dark?  Do they require "any" ambient light,or will they work in total darkness?

The eotech is a great optic but it is not magic. Tell your dealer to go to the eotech web site and read about the stuff he is selling.
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top