Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 3/5/2005 2:48:37 PM EDT
I remeber seeing this problem before and did a search but came put with nothing.
When I went to shoot my Eotech today it shut off at the shot.  It then would turn back on after the next shot.  It would either blink with each shot or stay off.  After five or six shots it came back on but would go out again after a bit.  Any help?  Thanks.
Link Posted: 3/5/2005 3:34:17 PM EDT
[#1]
I'll call EOTech and discuss the problem...
Link Posted: 3/10/2005 8:22:11 PM EDT
[#2]
how are the batteries?  the blinking you are seeing is not the low battery alert, is it?

sorry, had to ask though...
Link Posted: 3/10/2005 10:30:39 PM EDT
[#3]
Sounds like you have a short.
Link Posted: 3/11/2005 9:52:04 AM EDT
[#4]
The blinking wasn't from the battery.  It was happening with the recoil of each shot.  However, the batteries are weak now (blinking when I turn on the eotech) and I replaced them.  Have not had a chance to shot the rifle with new batteries yet.  The original batteries had under 100 hours on them.  
I'm hoping not to have to call Eotech.  My current Eotech is a replacement for one that would not sit on my rails level.  It was very crooked and not secure.  Eotech did do a great job of sending the current sight as a replacement.  I just feel funny about calling them back and saying this one isn't working either.
Link Posted: 3/11/2005 10:01:33 AM EDT
[#5]
Call them again and don't be satisfied until you get one that works.  It sounds like the electronics are bad.
Link Posted: 3/11/2005 11:07:31 AM EDT
[#6]
if recoil might be the problem, get your suppressor out of the safe, install it and then fire a few shots from your porch.  wait, scratch that...

can you take it off of the rifle and clamp it in a vice in front of you while sitting on a chair.  keep your eyes on the reticle and give it a little whack with maybe a soft piece of wood or a rubber mallet.  see if you can get it to flicker that way.  don't hit it too hard, there's really not that much recoil.  
Link Posted: 3/11/2005 12:21:09 PM EDT
[#7]
Send it to EOtech. They will repair or replace it. Simple enough.
Link Posted: 3/11/2005 12:38:23 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
The blinking wasn't from the battery.  It was happening with the recoil of each shot.  However, the batteries are weak now (blinking when I turn on the eotech) and I replaced them.  Have not had a chance to shot the rifle with new batteries yet.  The original batteries had under 100 hours on them.  
I'm hoping not to have to call Eotech.  My current Eotech is a replacement for one that would not sit on my rails level.  It was very crooked and not secure.  Eotech did do a great job of sending the current sight as a replacement.  I just feel funny about calling them back and saying this one isn't working either.

per the EO manual:
1)Another indication of low batteries is the reticle pattern blinking on and off during recoil.  With high recoil guns, this can occur before the battery check indicates low battery condition.  If the reticle pattern blinks off and on during recoil or turns off suddenly, REPLACE THE BATTERIES.

Paladin
Link Posted: 3/11/2005 1:03:29 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

per the EO manual:
1)Another indication of low batteries is the reticle pattern blinking on and off during recoil.  With high recoil guns, this can occur before the battery check indicates low battery condition.  If the reticle pattern blinks off and on during recoil or turns off suddenly, REPLACE THE BATTERIES.

Paladin

seriously, do you think that's going to help?  did you read any other part of the thread?  the AR15 is NOT a high recoil gun.  a shotgun would be considered high recoil and yes, people put them on shotguns.  i'm not sure if you are trying to be a smartass or not, but you are no help either way.
Link Posted: 3/11/2005 1:11:44 PM EDT
[#10]
Thanks guys.  I'll try to put a few rounds down it this weekend and see what happens.  If the problem keeps occuring I'll call Eotech again.  I wish Eotech would develop a better method of mounting.  Guess a Larue might be in my future.
Link Posted: 3/12/2005 4:27:59 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

per the EO manual:

Paladin

seriously, do you think that's going to help?  did you read any other part of the thread?  the AR15 is NOT a high recoil gun.  a shotgun would be considered high recoil and yes, people put them on shotguns.  i'm not sure if you are trying to be a smartass or not, but you are no help either way.

Seriously, I read the manual, and don't see where they say LOW RECOIL guns will not blink.  They clearly stated on high recoil guns the blinking will occur BEFORE the normal low battery indication.  I did read the thread, and since no one else mentioned the POSSIBILITY that the issue was just low batteries, I WAS TRYING TO HELP, not be a smart ass.

What part of his post where he said, "it(the blinking) was happening with the recoil of each shot" are you having trouble comprehending?  And why are you taking issue when I correlate his comment with the portion of the EO manual where "blinking during recoil" is mentioned?

Paladin
Link Posted: 3/14/2005 1:57:11 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

per the EO manual:

Paladin

Seriously, I read the manual, and don't see where they say LOW RECOIL guns will not blink.  They clearly stated on high recoil guns the blinking will occur BEFORE the normal low battery indication.  I did read the thread, and since no one else mentioned the POSSIBILITY that the issue was just low batteries, I WAS TRYING TO HELP, not be a smart ass.

What part of his post where he said, "it(the blinking) was happening with the recoil of each shot" are you having trouble comprehending?  And why are you taking issue when I correlate his comment with the portion of the EO manual where "blinking during recoil" is mentioned?

Paladin

HE'S HOPING IT'S SOMETHING OTHER THAN THE BATTERIES!!  FLICKERING ON A LOW-RECOIL AR15 SHOWS THAT IT IS SOMETHING MAJOR ENOUGH TO SEND IT IN UNDER WARRANTY.  GET UP TO SPEED.  YOU POSTED THAT CRAP RIGHT AFTER BATTERIES WERE DISCUSSED.
Link Posted: 3/14/2005 2:01:22 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

per the EO manual:

Paladin

Paladin

HE'S HOPING IT'S SOMETHING OTHER THAN THE BATTERIES!!  FLICKERING ON A LOW-RECOIL AR15 SHOWS THAT IT IS SOMETHING MAJOR ENOUGH TO SEND IT IN UNDER WARRANTY.  GET UP TO SPEED.  YOU POSTED THAT CRAP RIGHT AFTER BATTERIES WERE DISCUSSED.

You really need to get laid.
Link Posted: 3/14/2005 2:08:42 PM EDT
[#14]
thanks.  I'll gladly take advice from you any day...

Your reply was as worthless as Paladin's.  Is it that you look and look for some sort of thread you can give some intelligent answers and then realize that you are missing the "intelligent" part so you just post useless shit?
Link Posted: 3/14/2005 2:17:44 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
thanks.  I'll gladly take advice from you any day...

Your reply was as worthless as Paladin's.  Is it that you look and look for some sort of thread you can give some intelligent answers and then realize that you are missing the "intelligent" part so you just post useless shit?

Quoted:
You really need to get laid.

Link Posted: 3/15/2005 4:44:11 AM EDT
[#16]
"little joe", you have characterized my attempt to help as "worthless" twice.  Is it possible you have some personal issues needing resolution?  Do you find it impossible to "disagree in a respectful manner"?

Recoil is not just the kick to your shoulder.  Even an air rifle can damage an optic from the banging of reciprocating parts during the operation cycle.  And IMO the slamming of a bolt carrier back and forth will provide as much or more "recoil forces" than an air rifle piston.

"Mike", you could try observing the reticle, and look to see if it blinks when chambering a round using the bolt release to allow the bolt to fly forward...

Paladin
Link Posted: 3/15/2005 8:01:53 AM EDT
[#17]
thanks for some more regurgitated common knowledge.

My first "mean" response was because either that post was a misunderstanding or you were joking, either way, there was no evidence to support either.  It seemed you were just repeating what we'd already talked about and disregarded.  Actually, you did.

sorry if I hurt your feelings enough for you to think I have some social disorder.  

BTW-  didn't you see my bumpersticker?  "DOES NOT PLAY WELL WITH OTHERS"
Link Posted: 3/15/2005 11:06:12 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
BTW-  didn't you see my bumpersticker?  "Lonely and needs to get laid"

No, no one saw your bumper sticker, but I'm pretty sure just about everyone on this forum guessed it.
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top