Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 1/12/2005 5:34:05 AM EDT
saw this spr mount in the jan10 issue of shotgun news where they did an article about larue.

looked through the paper a few times already but this time i noticed something weird in one of the pictures.

its a doctor optic mounted with the spr scope mount. its kinda offset lookin.
heres a pic i snapped of the picture in the paper.

anyone know about this? grant is this a new item or is it a prototype? old?
sorry if this is old news but i havent heard or seen it before and i searched it and nothing came up.

if its available how much and wheres the list
Link Posted: 1/12/2005 6:00:51 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 1/12/2005 6:08:33 AM EDT
[#2]
thanks for the fast reply grant.

i was wondering why there wasnt any talk about it. now i know
Link Posted: 1/12/2005 3:38:37 PM EDT
[#3]
I am part of that military grant refers to i have one and i love it w/ my mark4 it kicks ass. Also i needed it in a hurry and Mark larue sent me his last one. I heard they will run some in a mounth or so but i dont know if it is for just the military or what. Scott
Link Posted: 1/12/2005 7:49:09 PM EDT
[#4]
Hey!  That's a good picture of my picture!

Link Posted: 1/13/2005 4:22:17 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Hey!  That's a good picture of my picture!

thanks
Link Posted: 1/13/2005 8:09:30 AM EDT
[#6]
I saw one of those in Nashville.  Looked like it would have major durability problems.  Not so much the way the mount was or anything like that, just having that little optic sight stuck out there.  Why not just make a connecting rib on the scope rings or something like that?  A little mini sighting rib?  IMHO, that would be a far more durable and cheaper solution to lack of close range speed.  Plus it would be ambi, and only require a slight change in cheek weld as opposed to being offset to the left or the right.  Paint a white line down the middle.

Just a thought.
Link Posted: 1/13/2005 8:32:55 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
I saw one of those in Nashville.  Looked like it would have major durability problems.  Not so much the way the mount was or anything like that, just having that little optic sight stuck out there.  Why not just make a connecting rib on the scope rings or something like that?  A little mini sighting rib?  IMHO, that would be a far more durable and cheaper solution to lack of close range speed.  Plus it would be ambi, and only require a slight change in cheek weld as opposed to being offset to the left or the right.  Paint a white line down the middle.

Just a thought.

Something like this: ARMS

Walli
Link Posted: 1/13/2005 8:40:32 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 1/13/2005 4:26:51 PM EDT
[#9]
Mounted on the right side of the weapon all you have to do is cant the weapon slightly as you mount it.  It works slick.....
As far as durability goes, opt for the Dr. Optics over the J-Point.  The Dr. Optics is a more robust sight with better optics.  Both will fit on the LaRue mount....

I think it's a slick set-up for an SPR.........
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top