Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 1/11/2005 6:59:17 PM EDT
So I got my TA11D in today. First ACOG, and damn! I do like it. The only thing that may make me raise my eyebrow is a number of bubbles in the fiber thingee. These don't appear to affect function, but for about a grand, I don't know I want any damned bubbles...

So they way I see it, my options are:
1) Return it to vendor.
2) Send it to Trijicon.
3) Ignore them and carry on.

Link Posted: 1/11/2005 7:02:41 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 1/11/2005 7:06:50 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Normal.

Nothing to see here.  Move along.

+1
Link Posted: 1/11/2005 7:13:53 PM EDT
[#3]
Outstanding! Damned fine optic, and now that I know that is a 'cosmetic glitch', I just have to trudge out into the snow and shoot the damned thing. It's just that the TA-11 is so tiny after playing with Elcans for so long!  
Link Posted: 1/11/2005 7:16:47 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Outstanding! Damned fine optic, and now that I know that is a 'cosmetic glitch', I just have to trudge out into the snow and shoot the damned thing. It's just that the TA-11 is so tiny after playing with Elcans for so long!  

And just so you don't freak out if this happens, FWIW, it's not too uncommon to have the tube itself develop little cracks, and have a minor amount of "gel" leak out. As long as the reticle is still bright, there is nothing to worry about.
Link Posted: 1/11/2005 8:46:19 PM EDT
[#5]
No worries, now get to sighting that ACOG in!
Link Posted: 1/11/2005 11:47:13 PM EDT
[#6]
I have bubbles in my TA11 since when I got it , more than 10 years ago , they never gave me any trouble .

PP out
Link Posted: 1/12/2005 4:34:33 AM EDT
[#7]
That thing is busted.  Send it to me - I'll take it off your hands cheap.

All my ACOGS have bubbles...
Link Posted: 1/12/2005 5:33:14 AM EDT
[#8]
My TA11 has had a bubble since I got it as well. I wouldn't sweat it to much....
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top