Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 1/10/2005 5:31:03 PM EDT
Just wanted to say it is a thing of beauty.  Snug as can be!!!!!  You can see pretty well through the see through part too.  I don't know if the scope I put on will get in the way of that but my main point was that it is good quality and worth the money.  The cheap scope I had moved all around in the handle and a guy at a gun show told me it was because I had a colt and their tolerences aren't usually as good.  Well buddy, you're wrong, it was the sight!!!!!!!!!
Link Posted: 1/10/2005 6:16:43 PM EDT
[#1]
I recently purchased a #2 ARMS mount used off the EE. I am extremely pleased with the quality and fit. Now all I need is a better scope (since the mount cost more than my scope).
Link Posted: 1/11/2005 5:21:53 PM EDT
[#2]
I had cheap leapers scope on my ar and got some good groups with it.  A couple sub moa 3 shot.  But I had to put duct tape on the sides of it to keep it real tight.  But the optics are clear.  My point is, the mount and rings, in my humble little opinion, are the most important part of the set up.  There are plenty of guys who have proven that you don't need a zillion dollar optic for it to be accurate.  Now obviously the more expensive ones may be alot more durable, but it's all with what you got in mind.  If you're not in combat and just shooting for fun.  You don't need a zillion dollar optic.  But that's just my opinion.  
Link Posted: 1/11/2005 5:36:59 PM EDT
[#3]
ARMS make STANAG rings, 30mm that fit right into the holes on each end of the #2 mount channel, for a very low mounting. They are not QD, but if you only want solid, they are it, all steel.
That set up has been in production for about 20 years, if it wasn't a good set up, they wouldn't have been around all these years.
Jack
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top