Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 1/10/2005 11:48:16 AM EDT
I have a large scope with a long eye relief and there isn't enough room on the A3 upper to mount the scope.  I am looking for a rail extension that will allow me to mount the scope a couple of inches out over the hand guard.  Can you point me to something?  Quick detach would also be great but not necessary.

TIA,
dave.
Link Posted: 1/10/2005 12:52:23 PM EDT
[#1]
Depends on how much more eye relief you need

The Larue scope mount allows the scope to be farther forward.

ARMS and GG&G make riser rails that extend over the handguards.

Some railed handguards such as the FIRSH from Olympic Arms provide a continuous rail so you can mount the scope where ever you want.

I've been getting a lot of use out of this pic lately.  The top rifle has a long FIRSH free float tube that allows the scope to mounted anywhere.  The bottom rifle has a GG&G scout rail and Warne quick release rings.
Link Posted: 1/10/2005 1:37:15 PM EDT
[#2]
The bottom rail is kinda what i was looking for.  I have rings.  Where can i get the GG&G scount rail?  I'm not familiar with GG&G

d.
Link Posted: 1/10/2005 2:10:20 PM EDT
[#3]
I bought mine directly from GG&G when they were having a sale last year.  Their website is www.gggaz.com.  There's also a similar rail available from ARMS that may be easier to find.
Link Posted: 1/10/2005 2:17:03 PM EDT
[#4]
That would be the Arms #38-Ex.
Link Posted: 1/10/2005 3:29:27 PM EDT
[#5]
OK.  I've looked at both GGG and ARMS web sites and can't find one of these mounts.  Can someone help me out and find me a link to one of these?

d.
Link Posted: 1/10/2005 4:13:07 PM EDT
[#6]
ARM #38 (or 36 if you don't need BUIS) and #22M rings. Near perfect RTZ.
Link Posted: 1/10/2005 8:10:30 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
OK.  I've looked at both GGG and ARMS web sites and can't find one of these mounts.  Can someone help me out and find me a link to one of these?

d.

Here is the GG&G.

Here is the ARMS 38, the ARMS 36, and if you need more extension ARMS 36 S-EX.
Link Posted: 1/10/2005 8:53:25 PM EDT
[#8]
The ARMS #35 throw lever modular ring rail is nice, and or the rings for that can also be used in the track fastening provisions in the #38 sleeves, or SIR too. Lot of mounting options in those set ups.
Jack
Link Posted: 1/10/2005 10:34:15 PM EDT
[#9]
If ya want to do it "on the cheap" and still get a good product (don't we all?), the YHM rail extension is what I went with, since I already have an iron sight. It mounts good and solid, ARMS rings fit well on it, and the price was $35.
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top