Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 1/9/2005 5:20:15 AM EDT
I am looking at some of thier mounts and I am wondering who is dealer here in the US?

IPSC_GUY
SIERRA II ALPHA
Link Posted: 1/9/2005 5:21:00 AM EDT
[#1]
DSA
Link Posted: 1/9/2005 5:26:34 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
DSA

Ahh got it, thanks

IPSC_GUY
SIERRA II ALPHA
Link Posted: 1/9/2005 7:33:03 AM EDT
[#3]
Recently,  I've had very bad luck with my B&T mount for my Sig PE90.  The steel insert on it split.

I've heard comments from other folks about poor B&T quality as well.

Just thought you might be inerested...
Link Posted: 1/9/2005 7:39:54 AM EDT
[#4]
Thanks for the info, from their prices and images in the DSA catalog I would have thougth high-quality.  
Link Posted: 1/9/2005 7:46:29 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Recently,  I've had very bad luck with my B&T mount for my Sig PE90.  The steel insert on it split.

Damn Canucks.  Coming online and making subtle brags about their Sig rifles.  Sure, you've got a Sig, but I bet you don't shoot it much when it's -40deg, HA!
Link Posted: 1/9/2005 10:32:45 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Damn Canucks.  Coming online and making subtle brags about their Sig rifles.  Sure, you've got a Sig, but I bet you don't shoot it much when it's -40deg, HA!

Good reason for the winter trigger guard!  
Link Posted: 1/9/2005 11:44:56 AM EDT
[#7]
Their MP5 LDA long mount does not work with my LaRue or ARMS mount.  They cut a slot along the length on both sides of the mount, and there's not enough clearance on the bottom for the throw lever's disc ..  So I don't know if it's really Mil 1913 standard compliant.  My EOTech has no problem though.
Link Posted: 1/9/2005 1:40:24 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 1/9/2005 3:31:47 PM EDT
[#9]
Hummmmm the things that make you go hummmmmmm

IPSC_GUY
SIERRA II ALPHA
Link Posted: 1/9/2005 4:48:07 PM EDT
[#10]
FightingHellfish,

I sold my AR to finance the Sig.  I loved the AR, but here in Canada, you can only shoot an AR at a range (i.e. you can't go out plinking in the woods).  The AR is a "Restricted" firearm in Canada.

Strangely enough, the Sig is a "Non-Restricted" firearm and I can take it out plinking (even in 40 degree weather ).  I was tired of dealing with the added paperwork for the AR, so...

I would have thought the B&T stuff was high-quality too, and maybe my experience with their Sig 550 mount is not representative of all of their products.  However, I have heard from a local knowledgeable retailer that they do suffer from material quality control issues.

CanadAR
Link Posted: 1/9/2005 8:20:26 PM EDT
[#11]
Guess I'll just wait for the LaRue mount.

IPSC_GUY
SIERRA II ALPHA
Link Posted: 1/9/2005 9:31:57 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
Guess I'll just wait for the LaRue mount.

IPSC_GUY
SIERRA II ALPHA

Thinking of the PVS mount eh?

I actually cancelled my order, I was on the wait list several months ago for 6 months kept getting told 2 more months, then again just recently for around a month and kept getting told 2 more weeks. I think I will just get a GGG or something.
Link Posted: 1/9/2005 10:51:08 PM EDT
[#13]
This B&T negative feedback sucks. I've been waiting a year now for a damn AK47 rail system from DSA...I've been told "It's in customs, it'll only be two weeks" for so long I'm starting to think two weeks equals fifty two.
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top