Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 1/8/2005 4:04:46 PM EDT
Its time for redneck inginuity, so tell me if you think this will work (or not).  I have an EOTech on one of my M4's, and I would like to get it mounted out over the handguards.  If I take a piece of picatinny rail and mount it on top of a free float handuard tube, will it allow the reticle to cowitness?  I would use a standard railed system, except I don't need a four rail shandguard.  Thanks!
Link Posted: 1/8/2005 4:21:44 PM EDT
[#1]
Yes it would work. Be mindful of the height of the rail that you use. To co-witness in the lower third of the window you will need a rail the is about 1/4 of an inch higher than the upper receiver flattop rail. The Weaver base that fits the front ring of a mauser 98 (cant remember the number) just may fit the contour of the tube, but will not be high enough. For the EO tech you need only one slot. Find the position you want it in, then find top dead center and drill and tap. Be sure to use locktite. Also, you may want to look into the Yankee Hill custom free float rail. You can use rail where ever you want it. Good Luck.
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top