Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 1/8/2005 8:01:45 AM EDT
I have the LE6920 with a removable carry handle.  I wanted to use the A.R.M.S. #16A, but I think that is for AR's with the fixed carry handle.  What are your suggestions and am I correct about the #16A?

Thanks,

C02
Link Posted: 1/8/2005 12:23:03 PM EDT
[#1]
The Fulton Armory web page says it wont' work with the A3 handle but I don't know why.

You could always do an ARMS #2 rail with the ring of your choice. No spacer required obviously.

But I'd be tempted to call ARMS and ask about the A3 thing. That's the way to go on a handle. Less parts to buy = cheaper. And the 16A is rock solid.
Link Posted: 1/8/2005 5:27:32 PM EDT
[#2]
ARMS  #39?

Link Posted: 1/8/2005 11:57:00 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
I have the LE6920 with a removable carry handle.  I wanted to use the A.R.M.S. #16A, but I think that is for AR's with the fixed carry handle.  What are your suggestions and am I correct about the #16A?

Thanks,

C02

Mount it on the receiver wit one of these.
ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=3&f=18&t=213143&page=12

Don't forget the Backup Iron site.
Link Posted: 1/9/2005 3:09:02 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
ARMS  #39?

www.armsmounts.com/viewimg.php?item_id=41&image=picture

The ARMS #39 will NOT work with the A3 handle.
Link Posted: 1/9/2005 7:25:47 PM EDT
[#5]
Does anyone know if the #16A will fit a removable carry handle?
Link Posted: 1/9/2005 7:30:19 PM EDT
[#6]
Why would you rather mount on the carry handle?  Since you're going to buy a mount anyway, why not get one for use on the flattop?  Or are you going to be using it in a high CQB position?
Link Posted: 1/10/2005 8:39:58 PM EDT
[#7]
I want to use the stock irons.  The #16A would be perfect if I knew it would work. Anyone?hinking.gif
Link Posted: 1/12/2005 7:02:03 PM EDT
[#8]
I am in the same boat sort of...  I'm a new AR owner and I was using the ARMS 22M68 + Aimpoint on the flat top.  This configuration did not work with my PVS-7 NVG's as I could not get clearance from the goggles to see thru the sight.  So to fix I got a 16A off the EE and mounted it to the carry handle.  (I also saw where some dealers had a note saying "Will not work with A3 handle" but I could not find anything anywhere that showed a difference between an A2 and A3 save the removeable part.)  Anyway, the 16A is mounted on my A3 handle and it also allows for iron sights to be used thru the hollow core.  I'm a little worried that the locking nut may need more than hand tightening though but that shouldn't be a problem.
Link Posted: 1/12/2005 7:15:22 PM EDT
[#9]
I sent ARMS an e-mail several days ago to ask if I could use the 16A on my A3, but never heard back.  So I ordered the part last night.  Today I received an e-mail from them and they said it would not work.  I figured I would end up with another paper weight after receiving the e-mail from arms, but maybe there is still a chance it will work.  Thanks for the info.

CO2
Link Posted: 1/12/2005 7:49:05 PM EDT
[#10]
I know that the ARMS #2 works in both type carry handles, so the Armpoint 16A would also. They had a #2 extended model too, but you'd have to call them or one of their dealers to find out if they still do on the ext.
Jack
Link Posted: 1/12/2005 7:52:47 PM EDT
[#11]
I will post a reply when I receive it, just FYI for anyone else in the future.

CO2
Link Posted: 1/12/2005 7:56:50 PM EDT
[#12]
The reason that I know it must fit, is the fact that both carry handle versions have to take and do take standard dimentioned mil interface mountings. I think that who ever said no, had a case of anal crainial inversion.
Jack
Link Posted: 1/12/2005 8:18:13 PM EDT
[#13]
I hope you're right Jack.  That way I can finally mount this scope on my gun.

CO2
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top