Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 1/7/2005 7:34:45 PM EDT
I recently bought an ARMS #51C from another board member (Thanks again Colt_SBR!) and will be receiving it shortly. I will also be purchasing or trading for an Aimpoint ML2 due to the outstanding generosity of AlShear .

I know I will have to forward mount the sight (in front of the carry handle, on the top rail of the ARMS mount), and would like to co-witness, preferably with a iron sight in the lower 1/3 setup. Which mount for the Aimpoint will work best for this, or would I be better off using the factory mount and going on top of the carry handle rail?

(Those familiar should know that the ARMS #51C is the A2 carbine version, i.e. fixed carry handle.)

I appreciate everyone's help, and I tried searching, but it seems that not many people have an ARMS #51 at all, let alone posting about optic mounts.
Link Posted: 1/8/2005 4:26:25 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 1/10/2005 3:11:33 PM EDT
[#2]
Received my ARMS #51 today. My thanks to Colt_SBR!

Here's a few pictures:

Notice my wife's tactical flowers under the camo net:

And a view of my setup from Brightflashlights:
Link Posted: 1/10/2005 6:45:26 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 1/11/2005 2:22:42 AM EDT
[#4]
Is that RUST on your rifle?
Link Posted: 1/11/2005 4:02:31 AM EDT
[#5]
it's leftover mud/dirt from the last feral pig killing trip
Link Posted: 1/11/2005 9:09:15 AM EDT
[#6]
Lapp_Dance  

Your welcome.  This is s photo of my RRA carbine with the #51C and Aimpoint with the ARMS  22M68.  

Colt_SBR  
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top