Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 1/6/2005 8:21:38 PM EDT
Was wanting some feedback good or bad on this scope mount. I have a BM A2 14.5' carbine with stock forearm guards and would like to know if this will clear my three point sling that wraps around the guards up by the front sight housing? Also I have a EoTech 512 AA model and was told I would be able to co-witness my sights with this setup.  The EoTech looks and feels way too high up on the carry handle. On my Colt Sporter HBAR I got away with mounting a Leupold 1.5x5 VXIII up there by adding a raised comb pad. On this carbine I have a ACE skeleton stock and keep pulling my head up to see the circle and dot.  Thanks for your responses.....Trapfan
Link Posted: 1/7/2005 4:32:43 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 1/7/2005 4:55:39 PM EDT
[#2]
There's also the Larue SPR scope mount, which is what I thought the subject referred to.

We need some clarification...
Link Posted: 1/8/2005 5:08:52 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 1/9/2005 2:23:07 AM EDT
[#4]
Sorry guys!
  To clear things up, yes I am talking about the PRI goose neck mount.  I have access to the standard mount not the "high rise". Would I be better off with trying to run a set of Forbus M33 hand guards or will these be to high to use the standard mount too? And if the BM and Forbus carbine hand guards will not clear...What hand guards will?
                                                                                                    Thanks for the help
                                                                                                            Trapfan
Link Posted: 1/9/2005 11:23:22 AM EDT
[#5]
This is the PRI standard:

Contact MSTN and they'll set you up with one.
Link Posted: 1/9/2005 2:29:50 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 1/10/2005 2:25:54 AM EDT
[#7]
Thanks Guys,
   I was referring to the FORBUS M33 and Bushmaster carbine hand guards being low enough to get a PRI standard goose neck mount over top of them. Or would you suggest getting the "High Rise" model PRI to clear the hand guards?
                                                                                                         Thanks.....Trapfan
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top