Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 11/2/2004 1:35:58 PM EDT
I am torn between an Eotech and an Aimpoint.  I plan on mounting it forward of the carry handle on a gooseneck type mount.  Would either one be any better considering my mounting choice?  Any suggestions on mounts for either one?  I also would prefer the front sight be in the lower 1/3.  Thanks.
Link Posted: 11/2/2004 1:52:13 PM EDT
[#1]
Aimpoint M2

I have no experience with mounts for a handled receiver..sorry, no input there

Good Luck
Link Posted: 11/2/2004 2:39:24 PM EDT
[#2]
I'd go with an EOthing.  The sight picture is by far better with no color tint to it.  Large open view.  I'm really happy with mine, got even happier when I swapped out my A2 receiver for an A3 though.

Which reminds me...
-I have a PRI mount for the EOthing that puts the irons in the lower 3rd or so, works well over regular carbine/M33 Samco guards (but NOT the fat M4's) but I don't know for sure if it will work with A2 rifle guards.

shoot me an email if your interested.

Tex78

Link Posted: 11/2/2004 9:21:33 PM EDT
[#3]
EoTech. SWFA has two mounting options you can look at. Their catalog state your irons will co-witness in the bottom 25% of the EoTech window. I haven't used either. I have mine mounted on my flat top.

http://www.riflescopes.com/products/9-MWG-SAM3AH/eotech_ar15_m16_cantilever_mount.htm

http://www.riflescopes.com/products/9-BC-CAM/eotech_m16_ar15_adjustable_cantilever_mount.htm
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top