Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 10/31/2004 9:29:19 AM EDT
I've decided to purchase an Eotech for my personal/duty weapon.  It's basically a plain jane 16" flat top with CAR forend (skinny, not the M4 type).

My question is this, I've decided on the 510 series because I don't plan on using NV so I think 550 is more than I need....But I want to know about mounting the sight to the flat top.  If I opt for the AA version, will it fit?  Does the unit fit over the handguards?  Or will I be better off getting the N version....an inch difference does not seem like much, but I want it mounted as far forward with enough room to mount BUIS.

TIA

Link Posted: 10/31/2004 10:57:16 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 10/31/2004 11:54:14 AM EDT
[#2]
I have my 552 AA version mounted directly to the flat top of my M4 along with the ARMS #40 BUIS. There is enough room for the two to fit.
Link Posted: 10/31/2004 12:05:50 PM EDT
[#3]
PLENTY of room with my 512.A65. I love the setup. You do have to work at turning the thing on a little, but I've gotten used to it and can have mine running pretty quick. In other words, it's not as easy to turn on as an AimPoint, but it's still darn easy. Go for it!
Link Posted: 10/31/2004 1:57:30 PM EDT
[#4]
I just mounted my 552 with larue mount friday night."that I got from grant thanks for the great customer service and answering all my questions"  JMHO but the advantage of the larue mount is something to consider it really clears the fsp out of your way.
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top