Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 10/29/2004 10:12:05 PM EDT
I bought a S&B PMII 3-12X50 L/P DT with a 34mm scope tube. I have considered Badgers, ARMS #22-34 and now LaRue QD rings in 34mm configuration. Base is of course Picatinny rail.

I need apprx. 0.-45-0.55" clearance under to tube for back-up sighting equipment and preferably in QD configuration. Lower Badgers wont work. Higher alloy Badgers would work but are hard to find and not in QD cofiguration. Besides they might a tad too high for my needs. Anyway a good source for these alloy rings would be appreciated.

I have not found out the height of #22-34 from top of base to bottom of tube. Any info on that ?

I am also interested in LaRue QD rings in 34mm but have been unable to find the height from top of Picatinny base to bottom of scope tube. Any info on that ?

I have sent email to both ARMS and Larue but so far have not received any feedback. So does anybody here have this info or can get it somehwere ?

Br,

Tacman338
Link Posted: 11/3/2004 12:29:41 PM EDT
[#1]
New info.

ARMS, LaRue Tactical and Austin Precision have not answered my emails so far. Maybe my email system is bouncing and in that case this is a good place to comment.

Precision Reflex Inc and Near Manufacturing have answered in a swift and professional manner. PRI has a .59" high ring set for 34mm tubes made out of phosphated steel $154/pair. Near has only low rings made out of SS and blackened for 34mm  but did offer to make a custom one-off set for me with a a long waiting list but not too steep price considering they would have manufacrued one set with my specs only. Ok, I would be able to buy two sets of their regular off-the-shelf items for the price of this custom set but I consider their offer as fair given the extra set-up costs, headaches etc. during the manufacturing process.

I am now considering PRI rings as they seem to be the only game in town that both has products and wants to answer my questions. If anybody has any opinions on PRI scope ring quality I would gladly hear about them. I suppose the quality is the same on 1", 30mm and 34mm rings so any comments on their rings would be worthwhile.
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top