Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 10/29/2004 5:01:01 PM EDT
I have been looking at Acogs to finish out my ar-15  A3 midlength build.

I have been looking at the TA31 and was trying to pick between the red donut, the red triangle, and the cheveron.

Then I have seen the compact models - I like that it will work with both the A2 and the A3 models.

How does the dot and triangle work on the compact? per the catalogs on the compact the dot is 6.0 moa and the tringle is 8 moa

vs.

the TA31 with the inside of the donut being 2 moa and the outside being 4 moa

What are your thoughts?

Thanks,

Badredfish

Link Posted: 10/29/2004 6:47:52 PM EDT
[#1]
Best way is look through a few.  My first was a TA01NSN, nice scope but it didn't rock my world.  When I got a TA11 I fell in love with BAC, the donut took no time to get used to.  I got a TA31F (chevron) last month, maybe I'm too used to the donut, I need to familiarize myself with it
Link Posted: 11/1/2004 10:52:07 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
maybe I'm too used to the donut, I need to familiarize myself with it

Well, since you're already familiarized with the NSN, I'll trade you my extra NSN for it plus some cash!
Link Posted: 11/2/2004 3:52:38 AM EDT
[#3]
+1 with the BAC. Much faster than the non-fiber optic ACOGs.

I have a TA31F (chevron). I find it very similar in speed to the donut but it is easier to line up precise shots with the tip of the chevron.

I've handled the triangle reticle, and it is probably the fastest of the three for me (largest reticle) and the tip would provide a precise aiming point.
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top