Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 10/29/2004 8:39:00 AM EDT
This is by far the BEST standing BUIS on the market.  I've tried many back up iron sights in my time at the range....and this one is by far the sturdiest, most rugged, lightweight, and easy to use BUIS out there!

That locknut is a great addition and when tightened down, the throw lever hugs tight against the reciever and is impossible to move - which is what I wanted.

Wow...hi five to Larue for this contraption.  It's cool.  And by cool I mean totally sweet.  And by totally sweet I of course mean totally cool.

It's used in conjunction with my RASII/ML2 set up on an M4gery, and I couldn't be happier with the configuration.

H
Link Posted: 10/29/2004 9:45:44 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 10/29/2004 9:54:09 AM EDT
[#2]
And thanks to Grant for the deal.  Ordered Friday and it was waiting for me on Monday.

How can you beat that?  You can't.

Need a free standing BUIS?  Get a Larue.  Period.

I give it my full endorsement!
Link Posted: 10/29/2004 9:58:57 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 10/29/2004 10:31:12 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 10/29/2004 10:54:44 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 10/29/2004 10:59:14 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 10/29/2004 11:16:36 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 10/29/2004 11:27:30 AM EDT
[#8]
i agree... the larue is very stout...  it could take some serious punishment and still be fine...

if i had an eotech i'd get the larue... i still wish they made the throw lever go the other way, BTAS...
Link Posted: 10/29/2004 11:46:05 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Hey, Hokie.  I got a question for you.  What BUIS were you using before the LaRue?  Just curious.  I bought a LMT from a friend the same week I got my LaRue from Grant.  I had always liked the looks of the LMT, but know see the huge advantages the LaRue has over the LMT.

I also had used an ARMS 40.  There were several things I didn't like about a flip-up sight for an Aimpoint blaster.

Just curious.

Before the Larue I was running a LMT, an ARMS#40 before that, a GG&G before that, and a KAC 600m before that!

I always signed onto the thought that a flip up rear made more sense with a red dot optic as the primary sighting tool.  But the more I shot the more I liked have the irons in the up position.  I guess through time I just grew to prefer a standing BUIS...(which I guess makes it a regular iron sight, truthfully).  I sold or traded each BUIS over time for a specific reason as I never found one BUIS that I liked entirely (Before the Larue).  

YMMV

The KAC was too narrow and I didn't like not having a skeleton around the aperature.  I found myself getting lost trying to line up the rear sight to the front.  

The GG&G same thing

I've owned 4 ARMS#40's over the years, forever changing my mind.  IMHO, it's the 2nd runner up for 'Most Excellent BUIS Award'.  Again I decided that I wanted a standing sight, not a flip up.  I like the INSTANT cowitness.

I last owned the LMT, which was a tank, a VERY solid sight and is a great BUIS.  However, I kept snagging my T-Shirt on that damn thumbscrew.  If it's not a flashlight, I don't want ANYTHING protruding off the side of my AR.  I keep the flashlight on the inside so I don't snag it on anything.  Plus, for me anyway, whenever I slung the rifle over my back that thumb screw kept poking.  I don't like being poked!  If it wasn't for that thumbscrew I'd probably still have the LMT.

The Larue takes good care of that.  It puts the lever on the opposite side, and hugs a real tight low profile against the upper.  That thumbscrew makes it a permanent install unless you manually unscrew it and then throw the lever.  I like that option alot.  Not to mention the Larue weighs.....nothing!

Link Posted: 10/29/2004 11:53:55 AM EDT
[#10]
hok you should try the troy... i'm going to get it as soon as the two apperture model comes out... (soon)
Link Posted: 10/29/2004 12:07:09 PM EDT
[#11]
lol I know I know....

Since I found a permanant solution to my M4gery sight dilemma...

I'll need to get another AR just so I can try the Troy Industries BUIS! lol....

Sadly, this is how most of my guns get constructed....
Link Posted: 10/29/2004 3:40:14 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 10/29/2004 3:55:14 PM EDT
[#13]
Where are the pics?
Link Posted: 10/29/2004 4:12:55 PM EDT
[#14]
Has anyone had experience with Wilson.  I was thinking about trying theirs as it has elevation

Thanks
Link Posted: 10/29/2004 5:09:34 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 10/30/2004 7:51:01 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
i agree... the larue is very stout...  it could take some serious punishment and still be fine...

if i had an eotech i'd get the larue... i still wish they made the throw lever go the other way, BTAS...

Talk to InnocentBystander. He got LaRue to build him one like that.

SD
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top