Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 10/27/2004 5:17:02 PM EDT
Well?

-z
Link Posted: 10/27/2004 5:27:16 PM EDT
[#1]
I know it's being used by a lot of Special Operations Forces in the box....and I keep hearing the same thing about it:  "It's the heat!!!"

That being said I have no first hand experience with it and just passing along info that I have heard from others that have used it.

Semper Fi
Jeff
Link Posted: 10/27/2004 5:45:47 PM EDT
[#2]
I found a couple threads saying as much on Lightfighter, but no data.

-z
Link Posted: 10/27/2004 5:51:11 PM EDT
[#3]
Re: S&B

My partner for the ITRC used an S&B scope.   1/10mil clicks, one revolution, mil reticle.  It's the heat for a bolt gun, but spendy, and I've heard service sucks.

[ link to LARGER image ]
Link Posted: 10/28/2004 4:41:47 AM EDT
[#4]
Zak,

You may have a hard time finding data right now, as this optic was offered to Mil / LEO only.  My understanding is that it was just recently released for public purchase.

Semper Fi
Jeff
Link Posted: 10/28/2004 5:14:53 AM EDT
[#5]
Zak, I'm interested in this scope, too, especially how it compares to it's closest competitor, the US Optics SN-4.  

I had also read that S&B has had some operators testing it in the sandbox, and that thread at Lightfighter does show one in use on a SAW and a super-short barreled M4.  Maybe a contractor?

Will
Link Posted: 10/28/2004 2:58:29 PM EDT
[#6]
 It appeared from the website, that the dot will show up in bright daylight, which is rare for a variable scope.  At 18+ oz. it's a load, 1500 bucks is a load too.
 That tacticle reticle looked like it would work great.  I'll likely never afford one, have to be happy with my IOR or Simmons.
Link Posted: 10/28/2004 3:29:20 PM EDT
[#7]
Is this the one you're talking about.  Found it on the website.

1.5-6x42 with Illuminated Reticle

Looks it will be a lot better that the Leupold CQT with that 42mm objective.

ETA

I looked around on the website and found this one.  I'm guessing it may be the one you're talking about.

1.1–4 x 20 CQB Police Marksman II

Illuminated Reticle and Bullet Drop Compensated

If you didn't really need the bullet drop, I'd almost rater take the first one with the larger objective.
Link Posted: 10/28/2004 3:57:34 PM EDT
[#8]
Bullet drop, or enough BDC demarcations  in the reticle, is key.
Link Posted: 10/28/2004 7:15:22 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

If you didn't really need the bullet drop, I'd almost rater take the first one with the larger objective.

Why?  SO you can lose the 1X abilities to be like a dot scope?  So you can have a larger exit pupil than you need at 3-4X in most situations?  I dont see the logic.

I think the 1-4 S&B scope is great EXCEPT

Its too heavy, why a 34mm tube on a 4X max scope?  Thats retarted and adds unneeded weight.
Why does it have NV settings when you can't use NV behind it?
It needs to be about 2 inches shorter.
I needs to ba about $500 less expensive.
Link Posted: 10/28/2004 7:31:20 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
Why?  SO you can lose the 1X abilities to be like a dot scope?  So you can have a larger exit pupil than you need at 3-4X in most

What determines how tolerant the eye relief is of poor eye / ocular lens alignment, e.g. when shooting fast or from compromised shooting positions?

Doesn't a larger exit pupil help this?

-z
Link Posted: 10/28/2004 7:52:12 PM EDT
[#11]
Yes but it still wont work as a 1X scope.

Also a smaller exit pupil means you must keep your head centered and if you have  agood sight picture then there is no parallax issue.  Too big an exit puil can mean too easy to induce shooter head position induced parallax.
Link Posted: 10/28/2004 7:53:18 PM EDT
[#12]
I can turn my TA11 into a 1x red dot with a piece of duct tape.  
Link Posted: 10/28/2004 7:55:42 PM EDT
[#13]
Id take a turn of a knob to get a true 1X scope than duct tape turning it to an OEG that goes to a different POI than POA.

I mean duct tape? cmon....
Link Posted: 10/28/2004 7:57:05 PM EDT
[#14]
You got to admit, though, it has more style.

-z
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top