Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 10/27/2004 2:50:34 PM EDT
I'm looking for a scope that I can use for some deer hunting, as well as for use on my Bushy Varminter at the range...

Most of my hunting is done under 200 yards with a Remington 7600 (30.06), so not much magnifation is required, it will probably be set to the lowest magnification of most of the use.

The range shooting w/ the Varminter will be at 200+ yards. They are in the process of constructing longer target lanes at my local range so I want to be able to shoot at the longer ranges when they become available. I don't see them being past 400 yards.

Right now I have decided on a Leupold VX-II 4-12x 50mm. I've had good experinces with Leupolds in the past and the warranty gives me confidence that I'm not going to need to replace the scope in a couple years. I've considered the 3-9x but for a little extra money I can get the larger magnifation and I don't think the difference between 3x and 4x is going to that big of a deal for hunting.

- What do you think about the Leupold for this use?
- Any other scopes that I should really consider in the $400-450 price range?
- Is there a different scope for a little more money that I'm going to regret not spending the extra money on?

Also, what type of rings should I be looking at for the AR?
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top