Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 10/26/2004 10:24:39 AM EDT
In the interest of stopping an exodeus of professional users from ARF I would like to suggest a compromise.
Using strick909's very astute comments I have suggested a TACPOINT FAQ to be stickied so we may reduce the signal to noise ratio here

So children, what have we learned?
#1 tacpoints are not "as good as" aimpoints
#2 tacpoints are made in China and have a blue ring on them.
#3 Va_ is not as funny as kisara
#4 posting under a fake name is never a good idea
#5 Don't call people names. Calling someone "gear queer" is as bad as "airsofter" and they are both as bad as "a-hole"
#6 KevinB is not a poser. He is/ was in Afganastan risking his ass for our freedom to post this crap on the internet without fear of being blown up by terrorist. Thank you KevinB!
#7 Lumpy likes Aimpoints better than EOTechs, and EOTechs better than Tacpoints.
#8 New-arguy is pretty much fed up with all of us and ready to start an ACOG only forum.
#9 Don't mess with the beekeeper or you will get run.
#10 SMGLee was smart enough to stay out of any of these threads.

Now after PM'ing with AIMLESS I really think this will be the only way to get "closure" on the HAKKOGATE issue.

I would suggest that FALARAK and other with experience with the sight inc C4I Grants knowldegde of the history be posted here and then this distilled into a FAQ and posted as a sticky.

Fair Enough?

Kevin

Link Posted: 10/26/2004 10:40:19 AM EDT
[#1]
On behalf of the tacpoint tribe I accept this broken arrow from the aimpoint tribe. There shall be peace. As long as the grass shall grow and rivers flow.
Link Posted: 10/26/2004 10:43:54 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 10/26/2004 12:38:36 PM EDT
[#3]
Let me know if I can help. I think it is very important that anyone assuming that just because it looks like an Aimpoint, it will work as well as an Aimpoint. Well, I have a tacpoint mounted to my 9mm AR, and son, it aint no Aimpoint. But, the tacpoint is a viable alternitive to the other Hakko, BSA, and whatever brand cheap red dots out there. I have no problem pointing out the negitives as well as the positives of this sight.

Oh yeah, FREE VA_DINGER! (But not IPSTANDING)
Link Posted: 10/26/2004 12:42:57 PM EDT
[#4]
I heard they were coming out with a Tacpoint Magnifier, is this true?

I love the FAQ's....let it ride!  Excellent post KevinB!
Link Posted: 10/26/2004 12:50:02 PM EDT
[#5]
I managed to make the blue ring come loose!!!!! Bump fire with an AK. It is still going though.

Can I get part of that there broken arrow? I think I got one of the parts from a BSA laser stuck in my teeth.
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top