Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 10/26/2004 8:32:05 AM EDT
I have a m4 on order, just like everyone else in the country.  Have been tryig to gather up goodies before she arrives.  Just refinished a pile of mags.

What optic should I consider putting on her?  Eotech? Which one?

Will the front sight castle get in the way of my view?

Have pictures of Your M4?
Link Posted: 10/26/2004 11:00:16 AM EDT
[#1]
Have an ACOG TA47-2 on mine.
Link Posted: 10/26/2004 11:04:33 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 10/26/2004 11:12:32 AM EDT
[#3]
If you want to go with something as close to an M4 clone as possible, I would go with an Aimpoint. With that said, I like the EOTech a lot, and that is what I run on my M4gery.  Read the EOTech sticky and the Aimpoint vs. EOtech sticky as well. Then pick the one you like the best.
Link Posted: 10/26/2004 11:47:18 AM EDT
[#4]
I am going to go with the eotech as it apparently has a smaller dot. I just dont know which one get?!?!?there doesn't seem to be much difference between all of them?

I understand that the eotech will mount directly to the picatinny rail.  Is there a rear sight that I can mount behind it and use both at once. Cowitness, I believe it is called? Or should I mount the eotech on some sort of mount?

Lumpy if I practice any more.,I wont have the Fundage to purchase either one.  Ammo ain't cheap!!!

I am not really in any hurry to make a purchase, as Armalite keeps telling me 1 more week on my rifle... I hesitate to buy anything immediately as I have been hearing this for a while.  the last quote was mid November....

Any and all advise is greatly appreciated..

Link Posted: 10/26/2004 11:55:27 AM EDT
[#5]
Irons.  Optics are for dot homos.
Link Posted: 10/26/2004 11:56:37 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Irons.  Optics are for dot homos.

I shoot irons A plenty!
Link Posted: 10/26/2004 12:02:09 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 10/26/2004 12:24:03 PM EDT
[#8]
The scope shown on the lower left in this picture is now on my recently purchase AR15A3 Colt LE model.

It is the USO SN-12 designed in conjunction with USMC and I like it a lot.

Other scopes are SN-3 on AR-10 and the SN-4 (Lower right).

www.usoptics.com

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top