Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 10/24/2004 4:31:00 PM EDT
Can anyone post what the height of this BUIS is when closed? Also, what are some likes and dislikes? Thanks in advance.
Link Posted: 10/25/2004 8:57:24 AM EDT
[#1]
Havn't measured the folded height but, it will fit under just about any optic if that is your question. If you really want to know, I can measure one for you.

It's a pretty intelligent design; impossible to go to the "wrong" aperture. However one drawback is that there is a whole lot of metal on either side of the aperture; meaning that when you're using the sight your view of the world is pretty well restricted to what you can see through the hole. For this reason I went other routes; KAC 300M for my 20" gun and LaRue Fixed for my 16" gun (along with a LaRue mount to raise the EOthingy up above the iorn sight plane).

I have a spare MAD which you are welcome to try if you like.

SD
Link Posted: 10/26/2004 5:50:18 PM EDT
[#2]
Thank you for your kind offer! I am constantly amazed at how willing most people on this site are to help others!
I am thinking about setting up a flattop for my primary patrol carbine. I would like to go with an Aimpoint on either a GG&G or Knight offset mount. I have a Colt 4X that I would like to swap on if needed (it is set up for the flattop). I would like a flip up sight that would work with both if possible.
I like the ability of the MAD BUIS to quickly change settings, but hadn't thought about the reduced field of view. Maybe I should look at the ARMS 40L again. How do you like the Knights 300M sight?
Again, thank you for the offer on the use of your sight. If I decide to go with the MAD I may have to take you up on it.
Link Posted: 10/26/2004 7:08:37 PM EDT
[#3]
How do you like the Knights 300M sight?

It's a fine, sturdy unit. But you need to understand, it only has one aperture. It can be made larger by screwing out the insert that comes with it but, this is obviously not something one should attempt while under fire. I leave mine out as I focus on the fact that this is a BACKUP iron sight and if I need it, I probably need it RFN.

Since you are considering swapping optics around on your rifle, I have one bit of advice regarding mounting hardware:

LaRue

Luck,

SD
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top