Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 10/24/2004 3:51:40 AM EDT
Can someone please ed-u-ma-cate me on the difference between th Aimpoint CompC, CompM, and 7000 series?

JH94
Link Posted: 10/25/2004 6:27:46 AM EDT
[#1]
The CompM series is geared towards military/LE use and is the most rugged of the Aimpoint sights.  It is rated for 75' submerged depth and appears to have a more robust coating than the rest of their sights.  The CompC is a "civilianized" version of the CompM that does not have the same anodized coating on the scope body and is only rated for a submerged depth of 7'.  The 7000 series is geared more towards hunters/sportsman with a slightly longer body than either of the Comp series scopes.  They all share the same red dot technology (CET) and all will allow aiming with both eyes open.  This is a loose interpretation of the info I found on the Aimpoint website.  www.aimpoint.com  I suggest you check that site out for more info.
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top